Cheaters @ Summit Point

Started by busts cheaters, May 07, 2007, 11:24:08 AM

yetidave

Quote from: DougK on May 07, 2007, 06:47:08 PM
Just to play devils advocate.  Is it possible they recieved their WERA Expert status after they recieved their CCS Am status?  If that were the case, would CCS run them as Ex or AM?  As a disclaimer I don't know either of them.

They both raced the WERA weekend at Summit a couple of weeks ago as Experts.

spyderchick

I think that CCS has a policy to license newcomers as experts if they hold EX credentials in a comparable series.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

yetidave

Quote from: spyderchick on May 07, 2007, 07:04:28 PM
I think that CCS has a policy to license newcomers as experts if they hold EX credentials in a comparable series.

That's what I've been told as well. I assume these two asshats lied a little on their applications.

Gixxerblade

K3 Chris Onwiler

The problem is that CCS does not do background checks on license applicants, nor should they be expected to.  It is assumed that applicants will tell the truth about their participation with other clubs.  So unscrupulious applicants can lie if they choose to.  Problem is, this sport is small.  How would you expect NOT to be caught if you tried such a scam?  Even worse, how could you expect to be treated with respect by your fellow racers if you were caught trying to pull something like this?
Kevin Elliot and Eric Kelcher are fair men.  CCS will do the appropriate thing if these allegations are proven true.  If they ARE true though, CCS will only be able to deal with the points, finishing positions, and license status of the riders in question.  The real punishment needs to come from the racing community.  Someone who'd pull such a move doesn't deserve a hello, a bottle of water, a brake lever, help with his rear stand....  In fact, you probably shouldn't piss on a guy like that if he was on fire!
Personally, I'm a SLOW Expert.  I'm not competitive with a white plate.  This year, CCS somehow accidentally bumped me down to Amateur status.  I thought about that for maybe ten minutes, then called and told them they'd made a mistake.  I've had my glory as an amateur.  It's someone else's turn.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Gixxerblade

We know K3. We read the book.  :biggrin:

spyderchick

Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on May 07, 2007, 07:25:35 PM

Kevin Elliot and Eric Kelcher are fair men.  CCS will do the appropriate thing...

Can someone say 39½?   :lmao:

I luv yew man, I really really do!
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

K3 Chris Onwiler

Now there's a case study where fair men did the right thing. :thumb:  As a wise man with the initials DR once said, "It may have been an ugly journey to winning those championships, but if you need to be consoled, think about the crybabies you prevented from winning them instead!" :lmao:
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

r1owner

Quote from: tstruyk on May 07, 2007, 03:16:51 PM

you would never do well as my accountant!!!   :biggrin:

Be carefull on what your accountant says...

clutch

Quote from: Simon on May 07, 2007, 02:18:22 PM
Holy crap, these guys beat Arnie Hastings racing as Experts in WERA and then they race as Amature in CCS!!!!  thats just wrong.

Nah....his duc clutch was terrible that weekend, if you remember, he stalled it twice off the line in two seperate races, then the thing was slipping.  This weekend he was pretty much consistent 18.000's each lap on the 999

ahastings

I must really suck getting beaten by 2 amatures. How stupid are these guys to run as experts with WERA then 2 weeks later at the same track run as ams with CCS. They didn't think anybody would notice. I know people that do it and get away with it, but it is up to us riders to police it sometimes as the orgs cannot do background checks on everybody. A common scam that a lot of riders do is when they get bumped with one org, they just don't renew their license and switch to another the following year. There wera couple in WERA last year that switched from CCS.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

Big Deezul

Quote from: ahastings on May 08, 2007, 12:28:54 AM
I must really suck getting beaten by 2 amatures. How stupid are these guys to run as experts with WERA then 2 weeks later at the same track run as ams with CCS. They didn't think anybody would notice. I know people that do it and get away with it, but it is up to us riders to police it sometimes as the orgs cannot do background checks on everybody. A common scam that a lot of riders do is when they get bumped with one org, they just don't renew their license and switch to another the following year. There wera couple in WERA last year that switched from CCS.

VERY VERY different from what happened here. Some times you can do one CCS double points weekend and enter a boat load of races, place fairly well and earn almost enough point to go expert in CCS. WERA doesnt use the same points system and even when you tell them your race history wouldnt even allow you to bump up.

To recap...if you are decent at VIR, enter every race you can put your bike in a dbl piont weekend and place top 5, does that make you an expert? I dont think so