Why do we race?

Started by K3 Chris Onwiler, May 04, 2007, 05:26:39 AM

EX_#76

Quote from: benprobst on May 05, 2007, 07:07:14 PM
rookie papers i think.

Ohh and Hey Guy, hows it going. You'll never believe it but my giant ass actually won a race with horsepower this past weekend. I wonder why?????????  :biggrin: did i mention you and Ed are cheaters  :biggrin:

Hey, Hey, Hey!!  you are not supposed to discuss the nitrous trick in public!!!!
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

HAWK

Quote from: EX_#76 on May 07, 2007, 09:27:56 AM
Hey, Hey, Hey!!  you are not supposed to discuss the nitros trick in public!!!!

So that's what happened.  :biggrin:
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

EX_#76

Quote from: Hawk on May 07, 2007, 10:34:04 AM
So that's what happened.  :biggrin:

Yep, the RPM switch kicked in at the wrong time.  WHOOOHOOOO, then ground sky, ground sky......
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76

Ducmarc

watch how you crash that sneekie pete bottle will break your ribs

G 97

How can any "racer" expect to have track day etiquette while racing, then get offended and all up in arms when someone passes them too close.  It's racing.  Some "racers" would be better suited to doing track days.
G

Ducmarc

K3 Chris Onwiler

Garth is right.  Club racing is a professional blood sport.  Rather than knock your competition out of the way during a race, why not just blackjack them from behind in the bathroom?  It's just as sporting, and this way you don't damage their bike in the process.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

G 97

G

Court Jester

Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on May 07, 2007, 11:44:47 PM
Garth is right.  Club racing is a professional blood sport.  Rather than knock your competition out of the way during a race, why not just blackjack them from behind in the bathroom?  It's just as sporting, and this way you don't damage their bike in the process.
:lmao: :lmao:
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

zx10ragentorange

Quote from: G 97 on May 07, 2007, 04:04:58 PM
How can any “racer” expect to have track day etiquette while racing, then get offended and all up in arms when someone passes them too close.  It’s racing.  Some "racers" would be better suited to doing track days.

+1

EX_#76

Quote from: G 97 on May 07, 2007, 04:04:58 PM
How can any "racer" expect to have track day etiquette while racing, then get offended and all up in arms when someone passes them too close.  It's racing.  Some "racers" would be better suited to doing track days.

To me, as long as the overtaking rider does not force you to change your line, it's a fair pass. 
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76

K3 Chris Onwiler

I can remember what I feel to have been a turning point in motorsports.  I don't remember the year, but the series was Formula 1, and the players were Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost.  It was the final race of the season, and one of them would be champion.  Senna had a few more points before the race, but if Prost beat him to the checker, Prost would be champion.
At the green flag, Prost got the lead.  When they arrived at turn 1, Senna went straight, T-boning Prost and taking them both out of the race.  Now Senna would be crowned champion.  In my opinion, it was the lowest lhing I'd ever seen, but it seemed like that move reset the bar for doing what it takes to win.  Hell, in NASCAR they "turn" each other all the time.  That shit is plain wrong.  At least in pro racing the drivers don't have to pay for their own cars, but that kind of driving can still get someone hurt or killed.  Dale Ernhart got turned.  He died.
Club racing is supposed to be for fun.  If you crash someone to pass them, what are you costing that person?  Maybe his bike is destroyed and he can't race.  Maybe he's hurt and can't work or pay his bills.  That's racing?  THAT'S BULLSHIT!
PLAIN AND SIMPLE, BARGING YOUR WAY PAST SHOULD GET YOU SUSPENDED.  If I punch someone in the nose because they won't get out of my way at the checkout counter, I go to jail.  But if I punt someone at the track because I can't pass them otherwise, that's racing?  I don't think so.  I've been knocked down twice by overly agressive passers, and both of them later acted like I should have gotten out of the way.  Well I behaved like a citizen, but the man in me wanted to beat them with a crowbar.  WHO THE FUCK does ANYONE  think they are to knock another rider down in order to make a pass?  Hell, I SAW Steve Divver get his back broken because some asshole couldn't wait 2 seconds to make a pass, and that was in a Friday practice session!  Steve will NEVER be the same.  No $3 trophy would ever be worth that, much less some jerk trying to win a practice session.
Last summer I SAW the lead expert punt the last amateur as he lapped him.  That Am was my friend.  The crash cost him a concussion, all his bodywork, a helmet, a suit repair, and the usual footpeg, clip-on, lever, fairing bracket damage.  He was out for the weekend.  Was that expert right to punt some guy on his second race weekend ever in order to maintain his lead?  Hell, the expert wouldn't have even said shit to the amateur if I hadn't gone over and shamed him.
This level of agression is out of hand for club racing.  Nobody needs to get killed over a wood plaque.  If you think it's OK to hurt people for sport, sell your bikes and take up boxing.  Trackday ediquite my ass.  It's about behaving like a human being.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com