Re: Ice_301 thinks were idiots

Started by TZDeSioux, February 06, 2003, 06:18:40 AM

TZDeSioux

Don't even sweat it Dawn... Not only are wera racers more intellectual than CCS racers but they're faster too  ::)

EX#996

QuoteDon't even sweat it Dawn... Not only are wera racers more intellectual than CCS racers but they're faster too  ::)

LOL!!!!

Too true...  

Dawn   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

SliderPhoto

LOL! My thoughts exactly Dawn!

QuoteSomebody save me from the Dumbness.

Now if those aren't the words of an intelectual...  ;D

tzracer

If somebody is seeking technical information, this board is not the best place (for now). Mostly I think because there are not that many contributors.

Also it seems that many of the contributors know each other, so the board takes on more of the appearance of a social gathering. I am not saying whether that is good or bad, just an observation.

A person coming here for technical info may consider this board having a high noise to signal ratio, especially if they have not spent much time visiting message boards (especially something like rec.motorcycles).
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

spyderchick

Hey Brian,
               I've got your back here. For technical info, the best place is with your friendly professional. Talk to someone who does their thing for a living and has experience. Ask them about their training and background if you're not sure about something. They should have a ready and acceptable answer.

The forum is a good place to get opinions, however. It is up to each individual to sort through the "chaff".
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Baltobuell

I'm sorry again for being wound up and making a post like that. I had no idea you could erase them once they were sent. It doesn't change the way I feel, but this wasn't the place and I was wrong.  
 Now ice on the other hand clearly doesn't need 6 beers and a show on atrocities to make stupid posts. So at least I don't feel like the only idiot now.

SliderPhoto

QuoteI'm sorry again for being wound up and making a post like that. I had no idea you could erase them once they were sent. It doesn't change the way I feel, but this wasn't the place and I was wrong.  
 Now ice on the other hand clearly doesn't need 6 beers and a show on atrocities to make stupid posts. So at least I don't feel like the only idiot now.

Hey, no worries. We all get wound up from time to time.

tzracer

Alexa I do agree with you to a point. Some technical info is difficult to do unless it is in person. Some however can be explained on this forum, such as basic suspension, gearing set up, etc. I have been involved in some very technical discussions on computer forums, but like you said it is up to the reader to seperate the good from the bad. I have been told that I should not get too technical on subjects because the readership of this group either won't care or won't understand. I don't believe that is totally true. I spend most of my working life trying to teach technical information so people can understand (physics and math). So it is possible to get the "average person" to understand topics that are considered difficult by most people. To me that is what it takes to be an effective instructor.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

ice

I hereby publically apoligize for my comments made about CCS racers.  

It just seems that their political views are more well thought out than the ones expressed on this board....

Regardless, I will be removing all of my posts that are not racing oriented and I once again apologize if anyone was offended.

And yes, I am slow....

tigerblade

QuoteAlexa I do agree with you to a point. Some technical info is difficult to do unless it is in person. Some however can be explained on this forum, such as basic suspension, gearing set up, etc. I have been involved in some very technical discussions on computer forums, but like you said it is up to the reader to seperate the good from the bad. I have been told that I should not get too technical on subjects because the readership of this group either won't care or won't understand. I don't believe that is totally true. I spend most of my working life trying to teach technical information so people can understand (physics and math). So it is possible to get the "average person" to understand topics that are considered difficult by most people. To me that is what it takes to be an effective instructor.

Personally, I have learned a LOT from info I've garnered from various motorcycle forums.  It all depends on your particular aptitude for learning.  I'm the administrator for my company's travel reimbursement system, and it's very apparent to me that people differ in the medium that best helps them understand a concept.  Some of them can read the info and digest it, others I have to help by phone, yet others I have to "show".  I say, put it out there, make it as technical as it needs to be to properly explain.  If someone doesn't understand, they can ask questions.   ;)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

spyderchick

QuoteAlexa I do agree with you to a point. Some technical info is difficult to do unless it is in person. Some however can be explained on this forum, such as basic suspension, gearing set up, etc. I have been involved in some very technical discussions on computer forums, but like you said it is up to the reader to seperate the good from the bad. I have been told that I should not get too technical on subjects because the readership of this group either won't care or won't understand. I don't believe that is totally true. I spend most of my working life trying to teach technical information so people can understand (physics and math). So it is possible to get the "average person" to understand topics that are considered difficult by most people. To me that is what it takes to be an effective instructor.

But Brian, you ARE a trained proffesional as well as a teacher. You articulate your points very well. Thus, you are a good resource.

As far as anyone telling you that the "average" reader of this forum can not understand detailed, technical discussion, well, that's just bologna. First off, as you know, many more people "lurk" than participate. Second, assuming that people don't get it is just insulting our intelligence.

So yeah, always consider the source.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Baltobuell

OK Ice, all's cool. Now lets get back to positive things we'll all enjoy.