News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

ford diesel hp

Started by racerhall, April 17, 2007, 04:44:49 PM

Ducmarc

i was at the dealer picking up parts and they had a 6.4 out it was huge you would not believe it came out of a pickup it's imposable to do anything without lifting the cab. open the hood on the new Toyota tundra i know its gas but you can stand there and see everything .if they only made a dually I personally had the best luck from the v10I had a 36ft trailer and towed well it did not have low end like my 7.3 but it never left me like the 7.3 and it was $5k cheaper witch made up for the 4 mpg difference

Super Dave

I think the cab lifts make sense, honestly.  It's only a matter of doing the work, and you have full access.  Medium duty trucks do in frame rebuilts.  Again, it's just easier to do some of those things.  Yeah, you're not going to do that at home, but with all the electrical and emission related stuff, well, things are just different. 
Super Dave

racerhall

the 6.4 is only in the 2008 trucks and is a twin turbo
2007 has the  6.0 turbo and thats what i have
and i have a sprinter for my parts van here at work and they are nice and get great gas milage but i would need to pull a trailer as well and i dont know how good it would be then, im sure its great without a trailer though
Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

Mongo

They just need to fit a full tilt hood on the 6.4's and be done with it.  I can get to most everything on the Freightliner easily.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

Spooner

I think I heard from a ford diesel tech that they can pull the cab in around an hour so its not all that bad.  Repairs from there take WAY less time I would assume..  I know working on my 7.3 is a PITA because everything is pretty crammed in there, NTM I have to stand on a stool or perch myself on top of the motor lol!
CCS Expert #172
'04 R6

Mongo

I wonder if you can put a cab on with dzus fasteners?

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

Jeff

Quote from: Mongo on May 07, 2007, 05:01:09 PM
They just need to fit a full tilt hood on the 6.4's and be done with it.  I can get to most everything on the Freightliner easily.

ding ding ding...  we have a winner...  Between the tilt-forward hood and cotter pin fenders that come off in about 2 seconds, I can stand up inside the motor 'area' and do just about anything on the kodiak...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest