Cold Tearing Tires???

Started by 06750gixxer, April 17, 2007, 11:34:20 AM

06750gixxer

I have searched for an answer and have not found one yet. Plese help.
The situation is that while running on a track day, my rear is balling up nicely for the first
2-3 20 min. sessions. I use tire warmers and after the 3rd session the rear, and only the rear begins
cold tearing. Then the sliding comes in.
Anyone have any suggestions about how to slow or stop cold tearing?
Any input is helpful. Thankyou

_Austin

tstruyk

what tires?  what pressures?  whats the track temp?

could be a rebound issue... lotsa possibilities...
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Super Dave

What Tim said.

And, what track?  Sometimes tracks are unique in the aggregates that are used.  Specific wear, heat retention, newness of the pavement...
Super Dave

06750gixxer

HPT.
Tires- Stones BT-002
Front-27
Rear-29
Running warmers @ 175 F
Ambient Temp- 70 F

After 25-30 laps.
Front did great, Rear tore on left obviously
Right side started to tear on rear.

Super Dave

Maybe someone can chime in on the B-stone tire pressure.  I have heard that they go away quicker.  I know that I just used old worn out Michelin's with warmers Monday at HPT with no real issues. 

Could even be a chassis issue that you're not recognizing that is dumping a whole bunch of weight transfer on the back.  Wrong spring in back, too much rebound dampening, etc.
Super Dave

superspud

I'm pretty sure I ran 29/30 on my BT002's last year at BHF and Autobahn, but not sure how the track surface compares to HPT.  Since I've put on the penske shock and had Trackside Engineering set up my suspension, I haven't had a problem with cold tearing and that was done prior to switching to stones.  I'd check out your suspension settings.
CCS MW Am #778