News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CMP Turn 8 Crash Friday Afternoon Group 1

Started by svmoto107, April 14, 2007, 09:23:01 PM

svmoto107

Art,  Thanks for the kind words.  The Docs at Kershaw Medical Center had me fixed up to go pretty quick.  I think I was back at the track by 6:30pm watching great fully as my buddy and Delk's kind father help pack up my Jeep.  I found out that my GPS I've been playing with for the past year finally worked.  Here is an overlay of my coordinates with google maps. 

It was just as I thought.  My back tire started to spin up about the apex and I spun until my bike was perpendicular to the track.  There is a little squiggle about halfway between the apex and the cross hairs .  This is where my bike actually dropped and slid to the end
(cross hairs).

The little squiggles at the end are from the truck picking my bike up.  The rest of the file (not shown) shows the drive with my bike on the truck to the paddock. 

http://picasaweb.google.com/svmoto107/CMP041307GRP1Afternoon/photo#5055713755668190306

race712

does your gps record speed for each of the data points?

svmoto107

Yes,  It has its own software that shows MPH, accelerating, braking, cornering g-forces.  I haven't had a chance to import it.  I uploaded the data for 4/13 at CMP to the web site http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/map?form=google. This just overlays my coordinates with the google satellite image.  Pretty cool though.

bill999s

Can you tell me more about this program/hardware. What's it called and where did you get it?

svmoto107

It's from a company out of Canada.  It's a GPS and antenna that logs data to a bluetooth device that I either have on me or mount on the front inside of my bodywork upper.  I worked with it some last year, but had some problems that has since been fixed.  It's not yet a simple solution, but I've been trying to make it as plug and play as possible.  Due to my injuries, I'll be testing (ease of use) on my buddy's bike at Roebling in June and possibly VIR.  Being grounded, will give me some time to work with it.  The company is Blackline GPS.  They have been real good to work with.  Their customer service has been outstanding.  It's hard though to have time to concentrate on this type of gadget when your also preparing for races.  It's getting easier and I hope to have a good turn key solution soon.  Feel free to see me at any of the SE events and I'll be happy to show you how it works.  It's really pretty cool once you have the time for it.

Philip Stracener
CCS  #17 AM
SV650

bill999s

Thanks for the info, Phil. I'm going to try and make both Roebling and VIR this year if work and Mama permit.

Bill Sylvester
751 Am
Duc999s