Safety Wiring All Fluid Lines?

Started by PolishPete, April 03, 2007, 08:08:26 PM

PolishPete

I bought my bike from Jason748, and I believe it is fully safety wired from what I can see...but a buddy of mine, who bought my R6 is taking it to Grattan with me.  Here's what they say about wiring:

Each motorcycle must have all lights and lenses taped as well as mirrors and side stand removed. In addition, all fluid carrying lines, hoses, plugs, etc. will be safety wired.

What do they mean by the fluid carrying lines and hoses.  I assume oil bolt and oil fill plug...but what else?  In comparison to the 600rr, the RR doesnt have anything else as far as fluid wired.  The front brake reservoir is the metal box, although on the R6 its the clear type cylindar.  Is that what else they mean?  Thanks for any input.

PJ721

is this for a track day? If so - I would check with them to confirm..but a good guess would include wiring:
coolant hose clamps, any oil in and oil out, spin on filter should have a big hose clamp around it wired so it doesn't spin off,
brake lines - and anything else that has a fluid behind it.....you can never over wire a bike - if in doubt - wire it.
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

PolishPete

Thank you.  I'll make sure we get all that done.  And yes, this is for a track day.  Thanks again!!

PJ721

you're welcome...and welcome to the "club"

I would say my bike is over wired to pass any tech inspection - from brake lines to rear sprocket to clip ons....but it's a nice piece of mind knowing that even if something does come loose - it's not going to come off - luckily I bought the bike already done.
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

aaronz

Yeah peter you better find out! I don't want to drive 5 hours and not be able to ride ;)

Plus we gotta let Min know so we can watch him do it all j/k

Jason748

The bike is safety wired to CCS / CRA / Nesba "A" group spec.  I've never had any issue going through tech.  But depending who the track day is with, the only other thing you might "need" to wire (and I use that term loosely) are the banjo bolts on the brake lines, and maybe the clamps going to and from the water pump & radiator.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

PolishPete

Thanks for all the responses guys.  We got snowed out of Grattan, but from what it sounded like...we were over wired.  But better be safe then sorry.