Super Dave

Super Dave

sdiver68

What, I say, WHAT, are those fin looking things on those cylinders? :P

Can't wait to see the finished product!
MCRA Race School Instructor

Super Dave

I AM a sick puppy!

Yeah, baby.  Air cooled, piston port, two-stroke.  Dual shocks..  Simple, effective.  I hope I can have it going this summer....
Super Dave

the_weggie_man

"Kid Killers" thats what we called them.  God awful, vibrating, non-handling pieces of go fast.

How did you ever get the frame to stop flexing long enough to weld anything to it. Hell those things flexed sitting still!  :-/ The joke was you could outrun anyone to the first turn but then had to get off and drag the front end around, get back on and go.

And what's with the black paint? Everyone knows the only color for those is Slime Green. Paintin' it black ain't gonna make it a different animal.  ;D ;D

Super Dave

When Kaw pulled their support out from us all in 2000, no more green.

It's about smoke and noise...  That's what I keep telling my wife...

Ok, here's s website...

It's a Kaw Triple site and this page has pictures from a guy I know in California.  He's go all the neat toys..

Anyway, its got a sound bite of Austin Powers, then a Kaw triple doing a road race start through all five speeds...twice.  Might have to reload it, but the sound is good.

http://www.kawasakitriplesworldwide.com/triples/gallery/crussell/crussell.htm

I still have more motors...  Keep having this thought about making a La-Z-Boy recliner with an H1 engine.  I do have an extra set of chambers...
Super Dave

Super Dave

H-Bomb...

And Widdow Maker...

I think those were associated with these little bikes too.
Super Dave

motomadness

Are there any races in the mid-west?

Super Dave

Grattan, Mid-Ohio, and Putnam.  I can actually make Grattan, probably.

But the bike is legal for Lightweight Sportsman and up.  Lightweight Superbike, GP, and GT Lights.

I don't know if I will run it that much, but I've got to get it together first.  It has taken some time to get it this far.
Super Dave

Thingy

Hey Dave!

I have a vintage 1972 Husqvarna 450WR dirtbike.  If you will restore that for me, maybe I can go Super Motard racing!   ;)

...at least if it isn't a LeMans start.  have you ever tried kick-starting one of those things?
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Super Dave

Just roll start it.

Restore it?  I don't know how to do that.  I can cut things off with a saw and a grinder...LOL!

The frame...well, I knew what I wanted, and the frame guy had some ideas.  I gave him the different swingarm and he made it work.  So, that's kind of how it works.  It's a race bike, so it's easy.  I don't need all kinds of funny origninal things like spark plug carriers (but I have about three of those for H1's if you need any... ;D)
Super Dave