News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Road America: Registering pit bikes- Licenced machinery ok?

Started by 123user, March 30, 2007, 03:49:17 PM

123user

I see that Road America now requires registering pit bikes.  Looks like licenced vehicles are OK?  The track cites insurance reason.  Insurance policies at different tracks must vary wildly!!!  @Daytona I had to remove the plates on my PitHawk...  Now, at RA, I'll have to leave them on?  Blackhawk farms rules make no sense at all.  Spectators can ride motorcycles in and out all day long, but if I'm racing/camping I need to register my LICENSED bike to use it to run into town [according to Mr. Clean, that is].

The two clowns that were out "racing" their pit bikes after dark at Blackhawk, you two started this BS, and yet you still feel comfortable showing up to races??  If I had pulled that stunt, I'd be too shamed to come back!

extrakt0r

Quote from: 123user on March 30, 2007, 03:49:17 PM

The two clowns that were out "racing" their pit bikes after dark at Blackhawk, you two started this BS, and yet you still feel comfortable showing up to races??  If I had pulled that stunt, I'd be too shamed to come back!

There were more than "two" clowns out there that night a BFR...Where did you read about this? Am I missing the Link somewhere?
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: 123user on March 30, 2007, 03:49:17 PMThe two clowns that were out "racing" their pit bikes after dark at Blackhawk, you two started this BS, and yet you still feel comfortable showing up to races??  If I had pulled that stunt, I'd be too shamed to come back!

Yeah there were more than two clowns. It was the straw that broke the camels back though. This had been building up for a couple years.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

weggieman

And the real good part is, or rumor has it, the clowns were not bike people but friends of the owners who were there just goofing off.

weggieman

Last year Tom, the security guard, tried to make me register my scooter which is street legal. I flat refused and kept riding it. I told him, "When every street bike in here is registered, I'll register my scooter". He didn't push the deal.

I will do the same this year. If he pushes it I will contact AMA and have them contact the race track for an explanation to why they discriminate against one group of bike owners.

123user

Well, actually as I remember the deal at BFR (seeing as my wife and I almost got hit while walking the track) one of the "clowns" is a racer and was still racing as of last season.

Tom did push the issue with my wife, for riding a LICENSED bike at the 'farms.  In fact, when I showed up another time, he passed by and told me not to even pull it off the trailer.  However, when my wife got "busted" he came to discuss the matter with me- he thought she was my daughter.  She was sitting right there, it was so funny I found it difficult to put up much of a fight.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Gordie, according to the posts that the owners/management (HPT on the board) put up about this last year stated as long as the vehicle is currently street registered, according to I-dot, it doesnt fall under the pitbike rule.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

extrakt0r

Quote from: weggieman on March 30, 2007, 07:05:25 PM
And the real good part is, or rumor has it, the clowns were not bike people but friends of the owners who were there just goofing off.

Negative ghost rider...The clowns were all racers...

But, to get back to the post at hand, where is the RA info at?
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

123user

weggieman

r1owner

funsizeracing

As always, I'm a little confused on the new RA rules.   Are the little dirt bikes that people use for pit vehicles ok there?
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com