disposing of empty fuel drums

Started by TZDeSioux, February 04, 2003, 06:35:33 AM

TZDeSioux

I've got a few empty drums sitting in my garage. Where can I dispose of this crap? I was thinking about sneaking around late at night and tossing it into my neighbors garbage dump thingy.

Super Dave

Imagine that....  I get those sometimes too...

There is a scrap yard near by me...  I drop some off there.  And there are usually drum recyclers...  You can usually drop them off there.
Super Dave

Litespeed

Is it possible to contact the people you buy the gas from and see if they would like them back?  It would seem to me they could actually reuse them.

Super Dave

Well, that would require me to ship them back to NJ.  $$  

And I believe that it is illegal.  

Not to mention contamination etc.

All the Power Mist stuff is put into new drums or pails.  But they have a thing about consistency.

There are fuel manufactures that get things bulk via train or truck.  Who knows what was in it before.  You're at the mercy of the mix then.
Super Dave

tzracer

My fuel (Sunoco) comes in a 55 gallon drum. I pay a deposit. They take the barrel back when I pick one up. The drums are filled at the Sunoco refinery (I asked).
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

tigerblade

My family owns a fuel jobbership.  My father collect the drums from the customers and returns them for cash.  This is for the 55- and 30-gallon drums of industrial and farm oils;  I'd think you could return them and get some $$$ out of them?  
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Super Dave

Well, there you go.  You've got good examples of reusing old drums.  

Power Mist just doesn't do it that way.  They've been at this game longer than anyone else.
Super Dave

Thingy

I've got a nice 15 gal. Nutec drum that I store waste oil in... :D
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

TZDeSioux

15 gallon drums are very useful as are the 5 gallon drums but I have 55 gallon drums  :-/

harb990

I'm sure the local gangsta's could use them for bodies!!  ;D

Super Dave

QuoteI'm sure the local gangsta's could use them for bodies!!  ;D
;DLOL!
Super Dave

TZDeSioux

HAHAHAH I am the local gangsta!  >:(

harb990

Cut the top out with a sawzall - drill a few holes in the bottom and around the sides near the bottom and sell them for $5.00 as leaf burning barrels.  ;D

spyderchick

Add a handle to the top and reattach it with a hinge. Then you have a really cool burning barrel...worth $7
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Super Dave

But fill it with water before using the sawzall... Or boom...if you're really using good fuel...
Super Dave

schpreck

Well, I filled some off them up with water, and used them to hold down my EZ-UP at the track.  Others were dropped off at NAPA.