Anyone have any idea what this internal motor part might be

Started by clutch, March 25, 2007, 06:15:01 PM

clutch

that was stuck to the oil plug of my DUC 800 when I changed the oil? :( Sucks...only one race weekend so far. The bike ran fine at VIR, no issues at all with the exception of not being able to shift into 4th one time...it went, but took a few seconds, then it was fine!! It is round in diameter and 1.68mm thick.

Super Dave

Well, I'm really curious.

Aren't there some springs on the arm that moves the shift drum?  It's a real shot in the dark, but I think they are smaller too.
Super Dave

Woofentino Pugrossi

Daves probably got it. Theres 3 return springs in the gear change section that I could find on the diagrams for a 800 (Bike bandit is great with the online microfiche)
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

clutch

So do ya think its lights out?  What will it affect and I wonder why it happened?  To fix that, do you think the cases have to be split?

Woofentino Pugrossi

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

clutch

yeah, I know.  Thing is, it shifted fine, wiht the exception of the one time..maybe thats when it broke.  No problems after that or on the dyno.  I think I found the schematic

http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/showschematic~dept_id~2305916.asp

That is a nice site...never knew they had the schematics.

Super Dave

Might be able to get at it from that side under the clutch cover, but I don't know for sure.  It's not going to heal itself, I can say that. 

#27 was the one I was thinking.  But you now see some of the options.
Super Dave

clutch

proechel539

Looks like you're splittin the lower case if its anything besides #1. That sucks, good luck. :wah:
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

JBraun

If I find pieces like that in my oil I'm tearing the whole motor down. Consider yourself lucky that there was no catastrophic failure yet.

If those big pieces came out, that probably means there are a thousand shavings and particles stuck in the pick up screen. Even if the broken particles don't tear up your motor, the oil starvation will.

Time to build a really angry duc motor. :biggrin:
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

clutch

And the winner is #20.  All fixed with a whole new assembly.  the cases didnt have to get split.  Looks like those were the two that broke off.  We pulled the screen/filter that the oil has to go through before it goes to the pump and it was all good.  Just had to pull the left case cover and flywheel/generator.  No signs of anything getting chipped or nicked on the motor. 

Woofentino Pugrossi

Dang and I though I could had offered you $50 for the Duc. :biggrin:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141