News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS SW Schedule

Started by Litespeed, April 08, 2002, 09:55:38 PM

Litespeed

I was just reading through the latest RoadRacingWorld mag and noticed the upcoming Las Vegas race is listed at April 27/28 instead of the CCS boards May 4/5.  I am guessing the May dates are probably correct but want to make sure.

Mongrel

RoadRacing World always uses the disclaimer "Always check with the organization on times and dates, as they can change," the 27th and 28th date was moved (it sucks, it bites, it blows, cause it was moved to a work weekend for me) to May 4th and 5th.  If you go have fun that is one kick ass track, it is tons of fun.

Zanyeights

I have already registered for the Las Vegas event.  ARe you going Litespeed?  

Litespeed

Yep, I will be there.  I should be at all the SW events with the exception of May 18/19 because work asked me to go to Spain.  I am probably going to camp at the Vegas race (I have unlimited use of a Toy Hauler) to avoid partying too much.

GPgofast

Can any of you guys give me any info about the "Classic Course" in Las Vegas. This is my first year racing, my first race weekend is April 26,27 at Thunderhill which I have quite a bit of trackday time at in the last year. I know nothing about Vegas, but if everything works out OK at T-Hill I plan on going to Vegas the next weekend. From reading the posts I take it is ok to camp at the track? Where is the track located, is it the roadcourse inside the speedway or is there a seperate roadcourse outside of the tri-oval? Looking forward to actually racing and can't quite wait for T-Hill. TIA. GP

Zanyeights

Have never been there myself but I look forward to the response as I was planning on posing this question in a couple of weeks.  

Mongrel

It is the outside course and is located on the Southeast side out side the NASCAR track.  Here is a map of the track not the best but this was what was being handed out the last time I was there.

Las Vegas Clasic Map

I like the track because it rewards people that like to carry high corner speed.  It is not a point and shoot track.  Many of the turns are reducing radius and are connected if you blow one you have a hard time on the next.  The surface is good in most parts and the track is fairly safe.  Only areas I had concerns with were turn 1 (Chain link fence it is off the track anyways but still gets your attention) and coming onto the start finish straight (the pit wall you are going parallel to it but still a wall).  Pit space is great, facilities are great, and the track is real fun.  I wish like hell I was going.