Contingency...What companies pay?

Started by PolishPete, March 24, 2007, 05:00:38 PM

PolishPete

So I'm beginning to understand the whole contingency thing.  Is there a master list of what companies pay? (not that I'd be there anytime soon, just interested in learning)  Any things that get payed out for that aren't obvious, like tires/bodywork?  Oil, spark plugs, or something like that?

funsizeracing

Theres a whole list in the forms and downloads sections.
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

Super Dave

Becka nailed it.   :spank:

Because a company offers contigency, it doesn't mean it's a quality product that you want to buy.  You still should look at each thing.  Pretty much all the tire companies have contingency that are players in the racing market. 
Super Dave

PolishPete

TommyG

You should also talk to some people and see IF the contingency payout actually ever gets paid! there are several companies on the list that have major problems getting the certificates/$$/product to the racer no matter how carefully you follow their directions!! :kicknuts:   

Eric Kelcher

That would good information for me to have as I was unaware of this and I beleive Ryan was as well.

I have not seen a company that advertised contingency not pay.

Please email me the details at Eric.Kelcher@ccsracing.us
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Team_Serpent

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on March 26, 2007, 11:04:57 AM
That would good information for me to have as I was unaware of this and I beleive Ryan was as well.

I have not seen a company that advertised contingency not pay.

Please email me the details at Eric.Kelcher@ccsracing.us

Email Sent

JBraun

Quote from: Super Dave on March 24, 2007, 07:45:15 PM

Because a company offers contigency, it doesn't mean it's a quality product that you want to buy. 
+1
[cough]hotbodies[cough]
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

funsizeracing

Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

PolishPete

throttle

Maybe it me, but I can't find how much each company pays out.

Super Dave

Super Dave

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: throttle on March 31, 2007, 09:43:32 AM
Maybe it me, but I can't find how much each company pays out.

Okay so it appears that we may have the information in a "hidden" location that is not the intention.

The links to companies that have a contingency program are on the Spponsor and Contignecy page then there we have links to the forms that have the requirements and payout amounts, a special page that lists which companies pay in each class, and a FAQ question page for contingency.

Where are you looking that makes more sense to you? Or how can we help in the layout, location, etc?
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Sig

I've heard that powerstands doesn't pay...........not sure if that's true or not.

throttle

I found it, its just really hard the way the buttons are labeled. Me personally, I would have the pdf page linked on the sponsors and contingency page and then again where it is.

Super Dave

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on April 02, 2007, 11:41:19 AM
Where are you looking that makes more sense to you? Or how can we help in the layout, location, etc?

Found it with the clues, thanks.

Can you put immediate pdf's on that contingency page rather than sending us to another page?  Yeah, you'd have them on multiple pages,  but it might make things easier.
Super Dave

Team_Serpent

Guess what I got yesterday?

A VP Contingency check!   

Wow, didn't think that was going to happen.

It's for three races in July of 2007.

That's nearly a year from the event date!!!!

Wonder if they plan on paying out on the rest of the year sometime before Christmas  :biggrin:

LongDogRacing

certainly can't complain about Michelin or Powerstands.  michelin dough is available within 5 days.  Powerstands certificates come within three weeks.

vesrah and silkolene took a good amount of time...
Justin Pennella
CCS Ex #32

Proud supporter of MOTOHICK

Sobottka

pitbull and sharkskinz pay within a reasonable amount of time
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Team_Serpent

Most of the companies that pay contingency do a decent job but VP for the past three seasons has either - never paid or paid on some races 6-9months later.

At least that's been my personal experience.

Thought I'd post here as fair warning to those expecting something from VP and the fact that Eric K posted before wanting information about any contingency payout problems.

Team Spalding

Yeah Michelin is awesome. Money shows up in about a week, goes right to a Visa debit card that you can use for anything you want. Best part is Tom Mason's service is top notch.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

Jason748

Quote from: Team_Serpent on May 14, 2008, 11:42:18 AM
Guess what I got yesterday?

A VP Contingency check!   

Wow, didn't think that was going to happen.

It's for three races in July of 2007.

That's nearly a year from the event date!!!!

Wonder if they plan on paying out on the rest of the year sometime before Christmas  :biggrin:

:lmao:
I just got mine from July 07 yesterday too
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

Super Dave

Quote from: Redbuell on May 15, 2008, 09:10:58 AM
Yeah Michelin is awesome. Money shows up in about a week, goes right to a Visa debit card that you can use for anything you want. Best part is Tom Mason's service is top notch.

+ a billion on that.

I got my Blackhawk money yesterday.  Races on Sunday, money on Thursday.  Was similar from Heartland Park Topeka races.
Super Dave

F2RGK

I received my check for two races in 07!  One question, not bragging, but I won all of them except for two~~Do I call them to ask for more?  I've been shorted, I think.  However, I would like to Thank all of my Sponsors including VP.  This is a PM so don't take me literally!   All in good nature!
If you're not Smilin' while you're ridin', then QUIT!

F2RGK

Oh yeah, I'm still awaiting  my payback of $30.00 from Crash! 
If you're not Smilin' while you're ridin', then QUIT!