News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Which Oil Do You Use And Why?

Started by PolishPete, March 24, 2007, 04:59:02 PM

Gixxerblade

Quote from: kvanengen on March 29, 2007, 03:01:34 PM
There are a lot of good oils out there. I have always said that as long as you use a high end reputable brand like Silkolene, Motul, Castrol ect…….. You get the idea. As low as it is a true motorcycle oil because there is a difference between a car and bike oil. I us Silkolene (ride) oil. It’s about $7.50 a quart and it works great. I drain it every 1 to 2 weekend and I have never had a motor or clutch problem. But that is what works for me. Every bike is different.   
You didn't read anything in this thread, did you?  :D

dylanfan53

:biggrin:
Quote from: EX#996 on March 29, 2007, 09:50:44 PM
:lmao:

When I saw you posted to this thread, I expected nothing less.....

:biggrin:

I coulda deleted it... 
Don Cook
CCS #53

Super Dave

Super Dave

Garywc

Repsol gives you a free toy when you buy there oil so thats how i chose what to buy last week

if you change it often like every race weekend it really wont matter what you use
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

jryer

Quote from: EX_#76 on March 26, 2007, 05:31:13 PM
That is the most comprehensive oil testing I have ever seen.  I would like to see this type of testing performed by an independent lab who is not being funded by one company to see if the results would be the same

Amsoil!! I use their 0W-30 or 10W-30 syn because the have an excellent track (literally) record and the sponsorship is descent. The oil testing is for real, better than Mobile 1.

Gixxerblade

I just got a new sponsorship proposal yesterday from Cuck Ramage. Some of you may have known him as the Motorex guy. Well I guess they had a falling out and he is now working with a company called Panolin. I ordered some yesterday so I will run it in the bike and have it tested and post my results here. Its supposed to be higher quality synthetic but we shall see. Lab analysis doesn't lie.

unforgivenracing

I buy what ever name brand is on sale, lubritech use to give there stuff away on a win.  Blew up a few motors on there brand.  Weights depend on temps.  Sometime even run a super heavy straight weight but use less amount of oil (compression-/+ weight/elevation= power).  When in dought, consult owners manual. 
Quote from: 61Ex on March 25, 2007, 03:41:13 PM
  Amsoil 20/50 Racing Series as I've used it for about 7 years in street bikes and 4 years in race bikes. Never had an issue with BMWs, Hondas, KTMs, or Suzukis.

I even paper filter the drained oil from race bikes and re-use it in stuff like the wife's car, lawn mower, generator. Haven't had a failure yet.    
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn

Super_KC124

Quote from: weggieman on March 29, 2007, 12:20:00 AM
Oil...........any kind is better than none................

Hey Gordie! I've run Suzuki oil for 5 years with no failures.

unforgivenracing

this is such a mundane question that has run for so long, I am beginning to think its market research....Show me some MONEY!!!!!
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn

resurection

Do you guys see stunted (growth) bikes much? don't starve (the motor) eat what you like!  :blahblah:

foughtstrong

AMSOIL. It's proven to be probably the best.  Also I'm a dealer for AMSOIL.  Need anything?

HAWK

Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413