New Toy - NOW WITH PICS

Started by Jeff, March 19, 2007, 09:28:43 AM

Court Jester

Quote from: Jeff on March 19, 2007, 09:28:43 AM
  You'll only laugh until you drive one...

so when do i get to drive it???
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

truckstop

Quote from: spyderchick on March 19, 2007, 11:01:15 AM
You said TARDIS...LOL

Man, you are either a geek or a nerd. Me? I'm a geek.  :biggrin:

Have you seen the new ones on Sci Fi channel? I though I would be disappointed, but they are really cool in that cheesy kind of way.

Ha! One of our App/Dev guys gave me a high five at lunch last week when I told him I'm having a penguin put on the back of my leathers.

Although I tend to identify more with "Dork" than "Geek" or "Nerd". I'm not really smart enough to be a nerd, and since I do officially carry Clown Insurance, I identify more with geeks.

We don't have cable, so the best I can do is old "Lost in Space" episodes Sunday afternoon on local channel 41 WMLW. (After two episodes of the old Batman)

errr... sorry for getting so off topic.

SV88

Jeff:  sounds like a hoot.  Just picked up a Mazda I6 - 5 sp. which is quite fun also.  Sounds like you need to do a track day in the thing...  My mother owned a mini wagon when we lived in Switzerland - late 60's early 70's.  I think that a convertible sports car would  be the only thing to wedge me away from motorycles.

Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

K3 Chris Onwiler

I'm really interested in hearing more about the LSD.  I've done other things on LSD, but never felt very comfortable when I had to drive on it.  (at least not at 100mph, although with the trails, 40 seems like 200....)  What special features does the Mini have to compensate for the halucinations?
PS, when the turbo kicks in, does it seem almost like a supercharger? :spank:  I think that might be why they call it a Cooper S, not a Cooper T....
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Jeff

Court Jester - www.internationalmini.com - Adam is your man.

SV88 - Yes, I'll be looking to see if I can get it on a track sometime this year (much to my wife's dismay)

K3 - LSD = Limited Slip Differential...  As for the supercharger/turbocharger, had you been talking about an 06, you'd be correct.  However, the 07 cooper S is a turbo.  I can send pics if you'd like...  Chump! :kicknuts:
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

K3 Chris Onwiler

Limited Slip Differential?  Whoa....  We called that a Posi.  I used to light up my Posi.  But then, you could, like, light up a bowl, too....  A bowl is like, pot man.  But wait.....  If pot is a drug, and LSD is a drug, but LSD is also a Posi, and you can light up a Posi....
It's a paradox!  Oh man, I'm like toadaly freekin' out!  That supercharger is, like, melting into a turbo, dude!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on March 19, 2007, 05:27:33 PM
Limited Slip Differential?  Whoa....  We called that a Posi.  I used to light up my Posi.  But then, you could, like, light up a bowl, too....  A bowl is like, pot man.  But wait.....  If pot is a drug, and LSD is a drug, but LSD is also a Posi, and you can light up a Posi....
It's a paradox!  Oh man, I'm like toadaly freekin' out!  That supercharger is, like, melting into a turbo, dude!

Posi is a GM trademark muck like Sure-Grip is for Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler and Trak-Lock is for Ford. All do the same thing.:biggrin:

BTW can anyone else picture Jeff driving a Mini?:biggrin:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on March 19, 2007, 06:15:45 PM
I can see him sinking his fangs into it....

Jeff

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on March 19, 2007, 06:15:45 PM

Just imagine me smiling about a foot wider than you've ever seen before...  That's pretty close to it.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Jeff

All pics can be found at: www.cbr600rr.com/gallery/07toys

Here's a few good ones:

Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Court Jester

looks pretty cool.
i still think you should let me drive it though
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Woofentino Pugrossi

Uh theres something wrong with that Jeep. Who grafted those 2 extra doors?:biggrin:

Isnt it funny how they make a (gasp) 4 dr wrangler and the new Commander is pretty much THE SAME SIZE? Soory Jeff. I do like the Mini (just picturing you hunched over driving it :biggrin: ), but when it comes to Wranglers, I hate what those damn Germans made it into. Should be a no frills vehicle. They were the last bastian of no frills, simple vehicles. Now you cant even find one with a manual hardly anymore.

BTW I should mention that when I did look at a new 06 2dr (original short version, not extended one) soft top 4.0L manual trans with hard doors the sticker was $31K. :wtf:I could had got one 5 yrs ago for $16K with the same equipment. Just cant beleive how crazy they got.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod