News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Rear shock

Started by Court Jester, March 06, 2007, 12:11:22 PM

Court Jester

I just picked up an 02 R6 and was wanting to know if a rear shock and/or the forks from an 03 R1 would swap out.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Court Jester

CCS# 469

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Super Dave

Might.  But the forks from the R1 are USD right?  You'd need triples.  What are you trying to accomplish?
Super Dave

catman

He wants to have more motorcycles than a multifranchise dealership :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :err:

Court Jester

Quote from: CATMAN on March 06, 2007, 07:56:25 PM
He wants to have more motorcycles than a multifranchise dealership :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :err:

I'm getting there.

i have an R1 and an elka rear shock for it and a couple sets of forks that have been resprung and valved for it. i just picked up an R6 and figured it would cost less to put them on it rather than buying new.
CCS# 469

mattg

i think the 03 has USD forks... and the shock isn't the same mounting.  the 03+ can be shimed, and the 99-02 can not.

sucks, because I have a '00.

tstruyk

I dont think the R6's went USD until 05... or was it radial calipers?  or both???

there are guys on the R6MN that have modded R6's to accept R1 forks, noone on the track that I know of though.. its more for "bling".  Couldnt tell you how they worked out other than they where "sweet"   :biggrin:

I know penske's are modular and can be modded to fit newer or later models.  I sold my penske off my 02 to a guy with an 04.  Just a $35 part.  ryan at LMS/Suspension Solutions hooked it up.  Not sure if Elka is the same...

Give Ryan a call
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Super Dave

Tim I think the '03 reference was for the R1 forks.
Super Dave