News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Florida travelers (truck and trailer information)

Started by EX#996, March 03, 2007, 11:31:12 AM

tzracer

Only one problem with this discussion, the US is not a democracy, it is a federal republic.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Super Dave

+1   :biggrin:  I usually try to make that point.

Still, doesn't that mean that the individuals that some of us take the time to elect are doing a poor job or representing our issues and interests?
Super Dave

tzracer

Quote from: Super Dave on February 09, 2008, 08:58:59 AM
+1   :biggrin:  I usually try to make that point.

Still, doesn't that mean that the individuals that some of us take the time to elect are doing a poor job or representing our issues and interests?

No it doesn't. However I wish more of our representatives would do the right thing rather than worry about being re-elected.
Brian McLaughlin

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: tzracer on February 09, 2008, 07:52:01 AM
Only one problem with this discussion, the US is not a democracy, it is a federal republic.
Never heard it described as that before, if so it's ironic that it's still following the same path to failure as a Democracy does.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

tzracer

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on February 09, 2008, 04:38:16 PM
Never heard it described as that before, if so it's ironic that it's still following the same path to failure as a Democracy does.

Carefully listen to the Pledge of Allegiance. Just because it is the path to destruction for a democracy, does not mean it is the path to destruction for a republic. The founders of our country understood the short falls of a democracy (majority rule is not always a good idea).
Brian McLaughlin

GSXR RACER MIKE

It will be interesting to see what the US does different than a traditional Democracy now that we're reaching the end of that cycle (since the US is definately at the 'Dependancy' stage where so many people think the Government is obligated to support them). I still firmly believe that a massive change isn't too far off - the loss of Religion, Morals, and the Family unit at the citizens level and corruption, focus on special interest groups, and a disappearing Middle Class spurred by taxation at the Governemental level are all red flags to something very wrong. Time will tell, I sure hope the Founding Fathers of this country had a plan to go beyond this.

Mongo

Aw damn Brett, I am so sorry that I have a life off of the internet that I actually have to attend to rather than respond to internet badasses such as yourself.

BTW - I don't do my discussing via PM so here's your response -

Quote from: BrettRay76 on February 06, 2008, 10:53:30 PM
There should be nothing personal about this discussion. If that's how you feel then ok then pay it. But to call me names when you don't even know me is uncalled for. I would like you to edit your post and remove the name calling or add a new one with an apology.
Thanks
Brett Ray

Why the PM and not posting publicly?  You are stupid. You freely admitted to breaking the law on purpose.  That is stupid. You're one of those morons who thinks that breaking laws you disagree with is a good thing.  That's a bunch of pussy bullshit.  If you think the laws are wrong then get off your ass and work to change them.  Instead whiny bitches like you try and spout off a lot of crap about civil disobedience and how you're fighting the man.  Yeah right, grow up and get out into the real world. 

BTW - you're a dumbass.  That is an insult.  Calling you stupid is merely a statement of fact.

The reason for oversize permits is pretty simple - my 73' rig does a hell of  a lot more wear an tear than a vehicle under the limit.  Requiring permits is actually taxing the people more who are using more.  That is what I want to see across the board.  There is no reason for me to be paying the same amount to use the road as a pickup truck pulling a 5x8 flatbed trailer.  I'm also in favor of people driving larger rigs to have testing for licenses before they get out on the road.  But hey, I'm just caving to the man.....

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: Mongo on February 10, 2008, 04:58:25 PM
The reason for oversize permits is pretty simple - my 73' rig does a hell of  a lot more wear an tear than a vehicle under the limit.  Requiring permits is actually taxing the people more who are using more.  That is what I want to see across the board.  There is no reason for me to be paying the same amount to use the road as a pickup truck pulling a 5x8 flatbed trailer.  I'm also in favor of people driving larger rigs to have testing for licenses before they get out on the road.  But hey, I'm just caving to the man.....

That paragraph was my initial reason with bringing up this topic again, does LENGTH of a trailer really cause more wear and tear on the roads? My 26' tandem axle enclosed car hauler trailer loaded with 6 bikes and gear weighs less than my Dually Pick-up Truck alone, that's what didn't make sense to me about the permit, the per axle weights would be far under max posted for roads. I can understand a permit for excessive weight or the TOTAL combined length as you have, but just saying that a trailer 28' or over needed a permit seemed pretty stupid since it says nothing about the overall combined length and the most important thing (weight) wasn't apparently a factor.  :err:

BrettRay76

Ok Mongo
Or what ever your name is.  I'm sorry I offended you; you're a real tough guy I can tell from your key strokes.   :ahhh: You're very intelligent as well I can see that from your wonderful use of words.  At least I don't have to hide behind a fake name so I can pretend to be tough on the internet.

The reason for the PM was to save you from making more of an ASS of yourself in public. But I guess if you're a dumbass then there is no sense trying to hide it. I'm sure everyone here already knows anyway.

If you have an attitude like that in the real world face to face with people, then I'm sure your all for laws. Especially the ones that say it's against the law to kick some one ass. Because without that one you would be hurting most of the time I'm sure. But just remember one thing; some people don't care about the laws.

Oh I know what you're thinking. That you would like to make some threat like "I'd kick your ass if you weren't some anonymous guy on the internet"
Well I use my real name and race number for a screen name. Because I stand behind my words on the internet as well as every where else.  I have nothing to hide from anyone. So go ahead make the treat..... go ahead I'm waiting....... That's what I thought.  :jerkoff:

Brett Ray
West Frankfort, IL
618-937-6767
I will be at Daytona as well as some MW and SE CCS races and Moto-ST.
If I were you I'd just drop it now. I'm not going to respond to you any more on the internet anyway.

Again I'm sorry everyone he obviously didn't read my whole story. By standing up for what was right I DID get the law changed.... But if there is one thing I can't stand its arrogant ignorance.
Just because you have something to say
Doesn't always mean you "SHOULD" say it

Mongo

Ummm, Brett, my name and who I am is in my sig line on every post. 

My last response was to your PM.  Not to any subsequent posts.  I may read them later, I may not.  If I feel like responding to them then I'll do so.

Might want to try reading the entire post yourself.

Mike - honestly I agree weight would be a better way to do it.  I think that probably our stuff being a little over length isn't what they're looking at but the line does have to be drawn somewhere.  The $20 is barely enough to cover the cost of processing the permit so they're not trying to really get any money out of us.  I think it's partially because they do need length limits or else people would get truly stupid and partially we're just caught by a law that is really intended for much longer vehicles.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com