Got a Trailer But.....

Started by stumpy, February 01, 2003, 11:29:27 AM

Decreasing_Dave

I borrowed a buddy's Toyhauler and towed it with my Expedition.

The Hauler is a 24 footer and weighs in at about 7,000 lbs loaded with my stuff.  The Expo is a '98 with the 5.4 and a tow package.  I used the equalizer bars, but my Expo also has the Lincoln Navigator air bag suspension with built-in compressor and self-leveler.

The Expo pulled pretty good but OD was pretty much out of the question.  

6 mpg was pretty sad too. :(

The Toyhauler is a must if you have a family. ;D

Super Dave

We used my diesel Ford bus to pull on a few weeks ago, the new Sliderphoto house/shop.  The temperature was about 10 when we pulled it and there was a very stiff wind, so my fuel mileage was way down.  And I really railed to get up to the ice.  Anyway, fuel mileage was about 10.  I have pulled my 18foot 10,000k enclosed auto hauler and gotten a consistent 13, with 14.5 being the best.
Super Dave

RC51Racer

Got tired of pulling with wimpy V-8's, so I went out and bought a new truck.  Pulled a loaded 14' trailer form west of Chicago to Gingerman the first weekend I had it.  We were getting 18mpg and driving near 85mph most of the time.

What did I get?  It's made for pulling, '02 Dodge Ram 2500 with the high output Cummins diesel.  It works..... ;D

Super Dave

Very neat.  I just can't afford that.  I think your truck cost ten times what I paid for my bus.  And I have a cool wheel chair lift...  I can pick up old chicks in wheel chairs... ;D
Super Dave

SliderPhoto

I'm still hoping to find an Excursion.

I know Dave, the bus is a good idea but I think if I park that in the driveway along with the trailer it might just put my wife over the top.  ::)

chris_chops

QuoteI use a shuttle bus to pull my 18ft auto hauler.  

1996 Ford Power Stroke Diesel.  $3500.  I can't go wrong.  Some are more expensive, but for the money, it was the best deal I have found.

http://www.used-bus.com/index.html

And the air conditioning inside makes me feel soooooooooooooooooooo cool.  Thanks, Dave
Ya know, for sneaking in at MA and Getaway, I mean Gateway.

Super Dave

Oh, and the heat on at Road America in April....

Yeah, Jack, I know.  

But I should have let you drive it.  With the Super Chips Micro Tuner and the straight exhaust...  It rocks.  I might even be able to do faster lap times in the bus compared to my old van.  More traction at the rear with the duals... ;D
Super Dave

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteVery neat.  I just can't afford that.  I think your truck cost ten times what I paid for my bus.  And I have a cool wheel chair lift...  I can pick up old chicks in wheel chairs... ;D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Das a goood juan ;D