News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

removing part of subframe legal in ss

Started by bmfgsxr, February 01, 2003, 06:55:06 AM

bmfgsxr

just like the topic says.

is it legal to remove the back half of the subframe in supersport. the thing practically weighs nothing, but i hacked it off so there is less of a chance of the subframe breaking off the mounting tabs in a crash.(its a lot less leverage, and the front is protected from the tire) but it would really suck if this would dq me from a ss race.

sdiver68

As I understand it, yes for CCS, no in WERA and AMA.

But, don't (ever) take my word as final.
MCRA Race School Instructor

harb990

Hey Diver - I thought you were going to Chicago to the banquet??  Hadn't you better get on I-55 and head north??

Later
Harb

bmfgsxr

thanks diver. havent seen you on gixxer in a while. 8)

Nate R

Sdiver's right, as far as I know.

A while back, I talked to Kevin @ CCS, and complete replacement of the subframe with a lighter one is legal in SS in CCS. So, chopping yours should be no prob.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

sdiver68

That board doesn't handle criticism very well, even when the rules suck  8) ;)

But seriously, I'll take that post with the sunglasses as an olive branch if you'll remove my tag line???

Cary-
It's next weekend

harb990

Steve

Doh!!  My bad - I had it in my head it was this weekend - guess I should have paid more attention to the mailer that I received.

bmfgsxr

i actually forgot that there was some arguing going over there until after i asked why you havent been there. then i remembered just that. i dont know what it was about or who locked your profile. i did unlock it for you, but i cant make any guarantees with who ever you were arguing with. anyhow, i see you replied to speeds post over there. 8)

sdiver68

bmfgsxr

no problem. i think its a little nuts to hold grudges over the internet really. and for that matter arguing is a bit senseless too. although ive been known to be caught up in the moment myself on occasion. ;D