News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Ducati contingency

Started by p3afoster61, February 11, 2007, 07:25:32 AM

MudDawg

Yeah...but it looks like it's in coupons or something.  Not 'real' cash.  I figure the 800 will be the killer bike in ultra lightweight.  In Thunuderbike it's prolly gonna be the 1000.  :-)

Chris G.

Hi guys. I posted that as I've been putting together a Sport 1000 classic race program this week with my dealership(been there 8 years, blah blah) and potential investors and sponsors.

I've had a wild hair for this bike since last summer after a big Nelson Ledges crash in 600 practice.

Got bumped to expert, built a killer 750 superbike. Woke up after Valentine's posessed by Ducati aliens.

See you out there at Summit...look for the weird vintage fairing, true spoke wheels, and booming big Ducati twin- see if I can put a Duc on the ASRA grid for kicks.

Not expecting you guys to play nice-so I'll bring the beer-being the new to class guy- :cheers:
Chris G.
CCS/WERA #35

Thanks RoadRacePrep.com!

clutch

Quote from: MudDawg on February 20, 2007, 11:11:22 PM
Yeah...but it looks like it's in coupons or something.  Not 'real' cash.  I figure the 800 will be the killer bike in ultra lightweight.  In Thunuderbike it's prolly gonna be the 1000.  :-)

Gonna be the 800  :)  They dont have the ROC or GNF cash awards this year!!!

MudDawg

Didn't you take it to the track this week?  How did it handle?  Any issues?  (Since we have basically the same bikes....er....within 200cc's)     :-)

Now I have to get the second bike to Donnie.  MUHAHAHAHAH

ahastings

Quote from: MudDawg on February 21, 2007, 11:56:14 AM
Didn't you take it to the track this week?  How did it handle?  Any issues?  (Since we have basically the same bikes....er....within 200cc's)     :-)

Now I have to get the second bike to Donnie.  MUHAHAHAHAH
He can't give you advice, you are the competition and you have an extra 200 cc.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

clutch

Quote from: ahastings on February 21, 2007, 01:07:21 PM
He can't give you advice, you are the competition and you have an extra 200 cc.

Thats right.  All I can say is I might be faster on the DUC and it handles great.  It will be a challenge to beat a 1000 though.  200 more cc's is a lot in LW class ;)

wera331

tzrboy I think you might have followed me around during a champion sportbike event at vir 2 years ago, I was riding a hawk superbike.I just watched that vid. yesterday.I cant wait to get another. anyway I'll be on an old 900ss this year.the asra grid thing isn't a problem.see you there.

MudDawg

Quote from: sv814 on February 21, 2007, 01:56:06 PM
Thats right.  All I can say is I might be faster on the DUC and it handles great.  It will be a challenge to beat a 1000 though.  200 more cc's is a lot in LW class ;)

Good to know!  Thanks.  (If yours handles well..then I'd expect mine to work as well...Donnie has it right now.)

Shaaddup Arnie.  And 200cc's?  Only?  Maybe for SS classes.  Now for superbike classes I think there's room for more.    :-)

clutch

Ha...Dont worry, mine will have some HP.  IMHO, Better handling than the SV, lighter, more flickable, faster acceleration.  But it costs more to do that than the SV.  I'm not running SS classes, just SB

wera331

I'll just be riding my old ass 900 around.

MudDawg

Quote from: sv814 on February 21, 2007, 04:57:39 PM
Ha...Dont worry, mine will have some HP.  IMHO, Better handling than the SV, lighter, more flickable, faster acceleration.  But it costs more to do that than the SV.  I'm not running SS classes, just SB

Better handling than which generation of SV?  I like the 99-02 versions better.   

I take it you are happy with the bike.  That bodes well.  I believe we are relatively close in size.  (Not anorexic midgets)  Cool.  Thanks for the update!

Chris G.

LtWt.29, that was me riding for Doug at Shadow Video for that Himmelsbach race school you attended 2 years ago-very fun(that's why we do the DVD's, now is the time to review them-now).

That was a trick Hawk, but now we can be friends in the pits...what with all these Ducs around and such.

Email me at the shop-let me know your schedule this year- sales@martinmoto.com

Chris G.
CCS/WERA #35

Thanks RoadRacePrep.com!