So.......I'm in a pickle

Started by wolf44, February 08, 2007, 05:26:17 PM

wolf44

So, the fiance calls me today.  "hey, just checking to see when you usually get off of work on fridays, I need to book plane tickets for regina's wedding"  Of course I ask "when is her wedding?" Of course she's told me this a couple times before.  "July 7th" she says :kicknuts:

Road America Weekend :wah:

I said "oh shit"
"what?"
"thats road america weekend"
"are you signed up for that one already"
"no"
"are you going to"
"well I don't know now"
"what are you going to do"
"well I know what you want me to do, and you'll be pissed if I do what I want to do" (remember I've only met this girl thats getting married once or twice)
"well I can't say that you have to go if you want to go race"
"yeah but you'll be pissed off"
"no, we'll talk about it when you get home"

now, what do I do :err:
Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

APP_Racing

Call Road America and see if they could have the wedding there.
Buy a dozen roses on the way home and pray?
Tell her  you forgot that you preregistered and can't get you money back.
A Dean
APP Racing LLC
St. Louis, MO
314-757-0364

Donate today!
www.redflagfund.org/

catman

APP great start lousy finish- 2 outa 3 aint bad,tho :thumb:

spyderchick

You reason with her:

"Hon, I know you want me to go to the wedding, but you know how important Road A is to me. Can we compromise and plan a weekend together another time? I'd rather spend quality time with you than eat bad wedding food and dance to silly songs."

She will either bitch slap you, or be reasonable.  
:biggrin:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

wolf44

hopefully resonable will be her answer :thumb:
Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

K3 Chris Onwiler

This is a test.  The outcome will determine which one of you makes your decisions forever.  Time to learn Roosevelt Diplomacy....
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

proechel539

Either way you're screwed. Good luck! :biggrin:
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

PJ721

just go race....give in now...it'll only get worse when your married.

Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

Jason748

Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on February 08, 2007, 08:36:55 PM
This is a test.  The outcome will determine which one of you makes your decisions forever.  Time to learn Roosevelt Diplomacy....

How true...

I say race, but pick up something shinny & expensive on the way home, it eases the blow.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

dylanfan53

Ooh g/f advice on a forum!

The answer is simple.  You obviously have sponsors.  They pay you to attend and race.  It's a promise you've already made so you have to live up to your obligations as a responsible racer.  You gave your word.

And if she doesn't understand that, well...you're not married are you?  Dump her for a while and let her think about it.

One more thing.  Don't buy her anything (except maybe flowers) to try to even the score.  In racing you'll always be behind if you start keeping score.  If you want to do something nice, buy her something special when there's no possible chance that it can be linked to anything just to show that you appreciate her putting up with you.

Legal disclaimer: Previous results are no indication of future returns and may result in unintended consequences. (And I'm generally considered a failure at understanding women...ask me if I care.)   :rollseyes:
Don Cook
CCS #53

EX#996

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I hate weddings...  Getting dressed up, putting on the fake smile, making nice with relatives that you wish weren't, umm, relatives....   :blahblah: :blahblah:  It's not even worth it for the free beer.

Racing though...    :biggrin:

Then again, that's just me.

Dawn   :thumb:
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Court Jester

Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on February 08, 2007, 08:36:55 PM

what he said. times two.
she's your g/f, not your mom. she'll get over it and "should" be happy to see you happy (racing)
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"