News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Transponder Mounting

Started by CCS765, February 08, 2007, 02:39:27 PM

CCS765

I have one of the black plastic transponder mounting brackets.  When mounted on the bikes tail section, which orientation is correnct or does it even matter?  Thanks

Position 1

Position 2

Super Dave

Doesn't matter.  It transmits a radio code.  I've even place mine on the bottom of the tail bodywork.  Some have even put them inside the tail.
Super Dave

Eric Kelcher

Top of the tail, centerline of axle (aprox), with transponder slide in from the front so it hits the stops on the back with lights aimed backwards.

That does several things the radio signal is directional and comes out the bottom of the transmitter strongest, the lights are aimed backwards so pit out can quickly verify that your unit is working and by having it slide in from the front you are less to hav ethe transmitter get knocked or vibrated forward and lost on track/paddock.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

EX_#76

If you have a carbon fiber tail section, mount it under the bodywork or your signal strength will be reduced and the tower will mwke you move it so you get scored.
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

loc_dogg

My UNIT always works! Ya what they said! How do have white plates and not know how to mount your transponder?  :err:

Sobottka

Quote from: loc_dogg on February 08, 2007, 07:22:54 PM
How do have white plates and not know how to mount your transponder?  :err:
ooops...
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

paco

Do they issue this transponder mount at the track? If not, how do I get mine before going to the track? It would be less painless mounting it at home in the garage before the high stress track day. Thanks in advance.

Sobottka

yes, i think at registration for $5 (first one may be free). just bring zip ties, a cordless drill and some bits. it only takes a couple minutes   
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

paco

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: EX_#76 on February 08, 2007, 05:29:49 PM
If you have a carbon fiber tail section, mount it under the bodywork or your signal strength will be reduced and the tower will mwke you move it so you get scored.

If you do have the underseat carbon fiber exhaust cans (Ducati water cooled, BMW R1x00S seem to be the bigger problem bikes R1, 600RRs not so much) or are told by scoring that there is a strength issue with your transmitter mount location then it should be mounted in a tech approved alternate location and there is a pouch type mount that allows for mounting the transmitter in differnet location and having the antennae pointed down.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Sig

I've seen a lot mounted to the draft shield under the tail, facing backwards, with no issue.

Team_Serpent

Quote from: CCS765 on February 08, 2007, 02:39:27 PM
I have one of the black plastic transponder mounting brackets.  When mounted on the bikes tail section, which orientation is correnct or does it even matter?  Thanks

Position 1

180 degrees from this position