LP track days come to Midwest on Saturdays!

Started by DRU2, January 30, 2003, 08:55:35 PM

motomadness

I haven't read the enitre thread, so I don't know if this has already been said.

I read somewhere along this thread that the advanced lp rider's will race with the am's.  Is that correct?  Well the first time I ever rode on a track was during a track day.  It was totally aribitrary whether I considered "myself" to be an advanced rider or a novice rider.  I made a lot of mistakes and really wasn't comfortable "racing" with other track day riders.  

Now I didn't do the lp track day, so I don't know what they cover and when you are allowed to call yourself an advanced rider.  Is it after you've taken the LCR school?  If that's the case, why don't they get a license and be official.  

I have a serious problem if they have not taken any kind of racing school education, mainly for the basics like flags and track etiquette.  If they are not aware of these basic things, they have no business racing with licensed racers.  

It's a privilege to race, not a right.

Super Dave

There are some reasonable standards above the prepping of the bike.  You must demonstrate some ability.  If it were a LP day alone, the advanced group would be the group where you find the racers.  Does that help clarify it a bit?
Super Dave

motomadness

Do you know what those standards are?  Will the racers required to participate with the lp riders be made aware of the the lp riders' standards?  

TZDeSioux

I don't think it makes any difference what standards are used in determing whether a track day rider is advanced, intermediate, or beginner. This is a race weekend and it should be for racers! If there's that much free time during a raceweekend that CCS can squeeze in a trackday... then why  not let us have that time? This whole idea is a crock of dog doo doo.. makes no sense.

Super Dave

Super Dave

chris_chops

QuoteI don't think it makes any difference what standards are used in determing whether a track day rider is advanced, intermediate, or beginner. This is a race weekend and it should be for racers! If there's that much free time during a raceweekend that CCS can squeeze in a trackday... then why  not let us have that time? This whole idea is a crock of dog doo doo.. makes no sense.
It's about time you took a stand on something!
Ladies and gentlrmen, the Rev has spoken, PAY ATTENTION!!

Matt

unforgivenracing

Another Play at filling the great piggy-bank at the expence of the dedecated vets.
It is'nt about having a safe/quality race program >:( >:( >:( any more my fellow members, its how they can knock us off and give our numbers to a unsuspecting novice. ???

CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn