News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Team Bridgestone?? What the hold up?

Started by BrianC636, January 26, 2007, 07:01:24 PM

BrianC636

Talking with some friends that races others series' and it seems they've already been able to sign up, get approved and get pricing on the 002's.  I've contacted the rep for our series and continue to get the run around and have now been informed that to even apply, you have to be part of a "club" (not CCS or our regional series) they're developing. 

Anyone else having issues getting at least an application for tire support from thier bridgestone dealer?

CCS # 29 - GP Region

Thanks to:
Cafe Racer Inc., No-Mar Tire Changers, CR Signs, Ace Fabrication, Bridgestone

Arnziffel

h2o_motorsports

I have been thinking about running the stones this year and would like more info also.

251am

They're getting their WERA customers lined up first, for some reason.   :err:

BrianC636

It has nothing to do with "who's first".  The rep for the my area is who's dragging thier feet.  My best friend who races CMRA got his number lined up last week so it's not Bridgestone directly.  Just wondering why the stones dealer for our area is dragging it out for so long. 
CCS # 29 - GP Region

Thanks to:

Scotty Ryan

When I was running the tires they took for every to get anything accomplished....They as in "PTSC" that is the Midwest distributor.... When I first started on the Stones I was dealing with a gal by the name of Amy - who has since left...Now I haven't run or worked with Bridgestone in about two or three years - so things may be different .... Maybe not    :biggrin:
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

251am

Quote from: BrianC636 on January 27, 2007, 10:54:12 AMIt has nothing to do with "who's first". 

Sorry, I just noticed the 'stone stuff has been updated. 

Hollywood

Quote from: SCOTTY727 on January 27, 2007, 11:17:27 AM
When I was running the tires they took for every to get anything accomplished....They as in "PTSC" that is the Midwest distributor.... When I first started on the Stones I was dealing with a gal by the name of Amy - who has since left...Now I haven't run or worked with Bridgestone in about two or three years - so things may be different .... Maybe not    :biggrin:

From what I understand, Amy is no longer there. I last spoke to her in 2005. If PTSC is who you need, contact them and ask for Kenny, he's a great guy. I was told that Bridgestone is co-sponsoring WERA's endurance efforts next year, but that still hasn't caused my distributor to not be on point with support this year. Don't hesitate to keep callin until you get told not to.
ASRA/CCS EX#20  
www.rpmmotorsportsracing.com

cardzilla

Anyone know if Bridgestone has finally brought over 16.5 slicks yet?  I'm eager to give a shot with the $ they've posted.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

kylbie

i would love to run the stones but they dont show up to all the races

BrianC636

Just found out, to get on TB through our local rep, you have to PAY $350 a year (per person) to get that support from them. 

Anyone else have a issue like this?  Seems kind of a waste to me. 

CCS # 29 - GP Region

Thanks to:

Monkey_Star

anyone know if bridgestone certs are transferable? I've got $150 of it that expires in April and don't think I'll be running them this year.

LMsports

Bridgestone has no plans for the near future to bring over 16.5 product.
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

Hollywood

Quote from: BrianC636 on February 13, 2007, 10:08:37 AM
Just found out, to get on TB through our local rep, you have to PAY $350 a year (per person) to get that support from them. 

Anyone else have a issue like this?  Seems kind of a waste to me. 

That sounds crazy. That would be counterproductive for Bridgestone as well if people either didn't race long enough to recover the cost in discounts or if they didn't like them to stick with them. If you would like some info on Bridgestone this year, my distributor and sponsor Quentin Mize of Mize Motors in Maryland might be able to help. You can reach him at 410-437-6611 at his shop during normal business hours. He has been really easy to work with. Call him.
ASRA/CCS EX#20  
www.rpmmotorsportsracing.com

BrianC636

Hollywood, Thanks for the tip.  I'll give him a shout tomorrow to see if he can help my wife and I get on TB for this year.  While I do understand most of the TB supported riders abused the program last year, it's just my wife and I racing this year in CCS.  Most of our other friends race CMRA and are already signed up for TB.

Found his email online and just dropped him a line.  We'll see what he says.

Brian

CCS # 29 - GP Region

Thanks to:

gpz11

In the Midwest region, we've been dealing with City Garage out of St. Louis. You can sign up though them also. I called up PTSC and they said to contact City Garage.

http://www.citygarageracing.com/

BrianC636

Woo hoo.  Got signed up the distributor that runs CMRA.  I have several friends that race there so I can just have them pick up tires for me ahead of time. 

Thanks for the help everyone.  I wish I could support Trackaddix since they are the tire people for our series but 350 per person just to get on the program (the 350 does get you more than tires but IMO it's geared to more track day guys than racers) is a little steep. 

CCS # 29 - GP Region

Thanks to:

251am

Quote from: BrianC636 on February 15, 2007, 01:07:54 PM
Thanks for the help everyone.  I wish I could support Trackaddix since they are the tire people for our series but 350 per person just to get on the program (the 350 does get you more than tires but IMO it's geared to more track day guys than racers) is a little steep. 

What? $350 to BUY tires? What am I missing?

BrianC636

CCS # 29 - GP Region

Thanks to:

251am

So, the only way to be in the TB pricing program in GreatPlains is to join the MotoMania $350 Club? Saving $50 per set of tires, under the racer prices?    :wtf:   

Spooner

The motomania deal also makes the practice days a lot cheaper....
CCS Expert #172
'04 R6

251am

Quote from: Spooner on February 17, 2007, 08:02:32 PM
The motomania deal also makes the practice days a lot cheaper....

Under the $350 program they're $100. How much were they before?

The whole Moto Club deal seems like Sam's Club economics applied to bike racing. That's too bad.

I see some potential benefits, but just can't get past the "needing a $350 membership to spend money with us"  thing.

BrianC636

Quote from: 61Ex on February 17, 2007, 09:43:45 PM
Under the $350 program they're $100. How much were they before?

The whole Moto Club deal seems like Sam's Club economics applied to bike racing. That's too bad.

I see some potential benefits, but just can't get past the "needing a $350 membership to spend money with us"  thing.

That was my point to.  You save a additional $50 over racer pricing with the $350.00.  For my wife and I that would be 14 sets just to break even over a season. 

I'm just glad another BS dealer helped us out.  I wanted to support Trackaddix but can't justify the additional cost just for tire support.

CCS # 29 - GP Region

Thanks to:

ccs56

I am pretty sure that this is not what Bridgestone had in mind for the 2007 Team Bridgestone Program. Racers in his region should speak to Bridgestone about the program Mr. Rumfola is running.
Contact:PTSC 9850 Park Davis Drive Indianapolis,In. 46235 (317)890-4500 (800)828-9143  :wtf

tstruyk

wouldnt just one of you need to buy in?  Or does that violate some term of condition?  I would think one per household would be sufficient.

Also did you see that b'stone pays double contingency at GP events?  Might take the edge off a lil...
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

BrianC636

BS says one rider per TB number.  Could we do it?  Probably.  Would it be totally legit?  No. 

CCS # 29 - GP Region

Thanks to:

ccs117

Quote from: tstruyk on February 19, 2007, 10:04:37 AM
wouldnt just one of you need to buy in?  Or does that violate some term of condition?  I would think one per household would be sufficient.

Also did you see that b'stone pays double contingency at GP events?  Might take the edge off a lil...

Please read again.  The email I recieved said double contingency was for one class only MWSS.

onedwn5up

quentin is a good guy and got backto me quick. I was offered a team bridgestone support package and there was no cost involved. I think he's jerking your chain or doing osmething shady. or it might be his way to offset the cost of the racer tires to you over time. But either way it doesn't sound right. Bridgestone pricing is very competitive and the tires work pretty well from what I have experienced so far. I just have a few sets of dunlops left otherwise I would probably be running bridgestones at daytona. But trackside prescence is def the downfall. But most distributors will usually make accomodations to have another tire dealer handle the mounting and balancing in the event they aren't there. At least that is the case on the east coast.

tstruyk

Quote from: ccs117 on February 21, 2007, 10:50:20 AM
Please read again.  The email I recieved said double contingency was for one class only MWSS.

yeah I didnt really read it, I run Mich's... but its still pretty cool!  Anyone else out there payout double contingency in ANY class?
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

TrackAddix

Let me take a moment to shed some light here...

A few riders that have contacted us regarding the Team Bridgestone program seem to be under the impression that just because you are a racer, you are automatically eligible to sign up for the TB program.  This is not the case.  The TB program is a sponsored rider program that we reserve for top customers who show a commitment to our organization.  Beginning this season, riders will have to join the MotoMania club in order to be eligible for the TB program.  Joining the  club shows your commitment to support a significant number of our track day and race events.   We then will return that support by offering you the benefit of our discount programs. 

Each rider will have to evaluate how many of our events they plan to attend and how many tires they think they may use in a season, and then determine if joining the MotoMania club makes sense for them.   For racers supporting the TrackAddix GP and running Bridgestone tires, joining the club will save you a significant amount of money over the course of the season.  However, even at racer pricing, Bridgestone tires are less expensive than most other brands. 

We also don't want to use the advantages offered by the TB program to under cut the other tire vendors.  We would rather racers give the "Stones" a try because of the good things they are hearing about the tires, not because we are "giving them away" cheap.

The Michelin, Dunlop, and Pirelli vendors all have their own requirements to determine who they are going to sponsor with tire deals.  The MotoMania Club is our  way of supporting riders who support us.

As always, if anyone has any questions regarding any of our policies, please do not hesitate to contact me.  (866) 92-Track

Thanks for your understanding and I am looking forward to racing with many of you again this season.   

The exhaust you will be smelling is mine!  :biggrin:

-Dean

onedwn5up

you should just make it clear that this is YOUR policy and not neccesraily that of every Bridgestone distributor.  I deal with the Northeast distributors and I have never heard of such a thing.

I can understand the program being very selective (which it should be) but I do not think charging a fee to become involved with it makes any sense. But hey, thats just me.
Quote from: TrackAddix on February 24, 2007, 04:08:06 PM
Let me take a moment to shed some light here...

A few riders that have contacted us regarding the Team Bridgestone program seem to be under the impression that just because you are a racer, you are automatically eligible to sign up for the TB program.  This is not the case.  The TB program is a sponsored rider program that we reserve for top customers who show a commitment to our organization.  Beginning this season, riders will have to join the MotoMania club in order to be eligible for the TB program.  Joining the  club shows your commitment to support a significant number of our track day and race events.   We then will return that support by offering you the benefit of our discount programs. 

Each rider will have to evaluate how many of our events they plan to attend and how many tires they think they may use in a season, and then determine if joining the MotoMania club makes sense for them.   For racers supporting the TrackAddix GP and running Bridgestone tires, joining the club will save you a significant amount of money over the course of the season.  However, even at racer pricing, Bridgestone tires are less expensive than most other brands. 

We also don't want to use the advantages offered by the TB program to under cut the other tire vendors.  We would rather racers give the "Stones" a try because of the good things they are hearing about the tires, not because we are "giving them away" cheap.

The Michelin, Dunlop, and Pirelli vendors all have their own requirements to determine who they are going to sponsor with tire deals.  The MotoMania Club is our  way of supporting riders who support us.

As always, if anyone has any questions regarding any of our policies, please do not hesitate to contact me.  (866) 92-Track

Thanks for your understanding and I am looking forward to racing with many of you again this season.  

The exhaust you will be smelling is mine!  :biggrin:

-Dean

stickboy274

Hey, I just signed up on this forum. I just found it actually.

I'm the SE sub-distributor for Bridgestone. Here is the info we are using to get people signed up on the program

http://www.stickboyracing.com/stickforum/viewtopic.php?t=224

I will be trying to get more involved in your races. I have been selling at the WERA races since 2000 since that is where I started my racing.

I hope to be more helpful to the CCS crowd this year.

Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Derek
Stickboy Racing 803-413-0721
Bridgestone/Dunlop Tire Rep.
www.stickboyracing.com
FB: Stickboy Racing

BrianC636

Stick -
    Thanks for posting up.  I had actually contacted you via email about sponsorship.  Good to see other BS people getting involved.  I think it will help grow their base in club racing.

Brian Chastain

CCS # 29 - GP Region

Thanks to:

stickboy274

I'll try to be helpful around here, but I plan on having some fun too.

I hope nobody takes it personal if I harass them, but I will expect to receive the proper abuse in return.
Stickboy Racing 803-413-0721
Bridgestone/Dunlop Tire Rep.
www.stickboyracing.com
FB: Stickboy Racing