News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Team Bridgestone?? What the hold up?

Started by BrianC636, January 26, 2007, 07:01:24 PM

BrianC636

Talking with some friends that races others series' and it seems they've already been able to sign up, get approved and get pricing on the 002's.  I've contacted the rep for our series and continue to get the run around and have now been informed that to even apply, you have to be part of a "club" (not CCS or our regional series) they're developing. 

Anyone else having issues getting at least an application for tire support from thier bridgestone dealer?

CCS # 29 - GP Region

Thanks to:
Cafe Racer Inc., No-Mar Tire Changers, CR Signs, Ace Fabrication, Bridgestone

Arnziffel

h2o_motorsports

I have been thinking about running the stones this year and would like more info also.

251am

They're getting their WERA customers lined up first, for some reason.   :err:

BrianC636

It has nothing to do with "who's first".  The rep for the my area is who's dragging thier feet.  My best friend who races CMRA got his number lined up last week so it's not Bridgestone directly.  Just wondering why the stones dealer for our area is dragging it out for so long. 
CCS # 29 - GP Region

Thanks to:

Scotty Ryan

When I was running the tires they took for every to get anything accomplished....They as in "PTSC" that is the Midwest distributor.... When I first started on the Stones I was dealing with a gal by the name of Amy - who has since left...Now I haven't run or worked with Bridgestone in about two or three years - so things may be different .... Maybe not    :biggrin:
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

251am

Quote from: BrianC636 on January 27, 2007, 10:54:12 AMIt has nothing to do with "who's first". 

Sorry, I just noticed the 'stone stuff has been updated. 

Hollywood

Quote from: SCOTTY727 on January 27, 2007, 11:17:27 AM
When I was running the tires they took for every to get anything accomplished....They as in "PTSC" that is the Midwest distributor.... When I first started on the Stones I was dealing with a gal by the name of Amy - who has since left...Now I haven't run or worked with Bridgestone in about two or three years - so things may be different .... Maybe not    :biggrin:

From what I understand, Amy is no longer there. I last spoke to her in 2005. If PTSC is who you need, contact them and ask for Kenny, he's a great guy. I was told that Bridgestone is co-sponsoring WERA's endurance efforts next year, but that still hasn't caused my distributor to not be on point with support this year. Don't hesitate to keep callin until you get told not to.
ASRA/CCS EX#20  
www.rpmmotorsportsracing.com

cardzilla

Anyone know if Bridgestone has finally brought over 16.5 slicks yet?  I'm eager to give a shot with the $ they've posted.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

kylbie

i would love to run the stones but they dont show up to all the races

BrianC636

Just found out, to get on TB through our local rep, you have to PAY $350 a year (per person) to get that support from them. 

Anyone else have a issue like this?  Seems kind of a waste to me. 

CCS # 29 - GP Region

Thanks to:

Monkey_Star

anyone know if bridgestone certs are transferable? I've got $150 of it that expires in April and don't think I'll be running them this year.