News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MANDATORY BIKER ORGAN-DONOR BILL

Started by motomadness, January 30, 2003, 12:49:21 PM

Chef

It isn't $$$$ or beliefs, it is ignorance. It's like saying anyone who catches AIDS because they didn't wear a condom becomes the governments' property. Anyone who doesn't wear a helmet loses their dieing rights - no matter what their religious beliefs are.  
Our government was designed to protect us from foreign threats and to serve the public needs - such as roads, police, and other public services. It WAS NOT MADE TO MAKE EVERY DECISION FOR US.  >:(
I need to calm down.
I know MANY people who think racing like we do is suicide. Why don't they take our organs?  What about our love of the sport? I crave and need it. Does that mean that because I put myself at risk for the love of my life, that I should lose my rights to my body? Life is about risks.
Some people are keeping their bodies healthy so they look good in their caskets.
Just for the record - after I rolled my car 4 times, the cop gave me a seatbelt ticket saying, "I know you weren't wearing your seatbelt, because you'd be dead if you were."
I know many people thrown from cars and motorcycles - Hundreds of feet - that walked away. If they were wearing their seatbelts.....a statement would've been made about how it saved their lives.
IGNORANCE :P

It is all about OUR CHOICE.

OOH,  OOH........

i can bandwagon that !!!
(not to dbl post, but i meant to say it before Aaron did)
(Realy)

drty drty

40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

ice

Tiff,
     I know you and CCS genuinely care about us and my point was not intended to insinuate that you don't, or that CCS and Clear Channel are money-hungry.  

But......

ECON 101

The bottom line is that if CCS does not have a viable business model that turns a profit, the racing stops :(.........  This is called BANKRUPTCY.

Without profits, there is no longer any need for safety regulations because none of us are racing. :-/

All the care in the world will not put racers back on the racetrack....ya need MONEY. :o  

Therefore, all CCS decisions, rules and regulations are made (or should be made) in an effort to provide a reasonable profit to the shareholders while minimizing costs allowing as many motorcyclists as possible to experience the joys of racing. ;)  

Safety Regulations are among the decisions that CCS must make.  Having strict safety regulations is a smart business decision.  Here are a couple of reasons why:

1)  Prevention of Lawsuits: Racers win / CCS wins
Good safety rules prevent frivilous lawsuits so common in today's society.  Just ask McDonald's......
Lawsuits raise costs which ultimately must get passed back onto the consumers (racers in this case).  Higher costs mean less racers (bad for us and bad for shareholders).

2)  Less Injuries:  Racers win / CCS wins
With less injuries, more riders can compete regularly.  There are only so many of us out there...
This results in more entry fees and better competition...(good for us and good for shareholders)

Money is not a bad thing.....
It puts food on the table (Food ???),
a roof over your head (a helmet on ours) ,
and clothes on your back (Leathers on ours)

But in all cases listed above, it is absolutely necessary.

I'd like to personally thank everyone at CCS and Clear Channel for giving me the opportunity to race at a reasonable cost and in a safe manner.   :D

oh344ccs

OK, everyone take a deep breath, ... now count to ten.........., what's really the big deal, if you are dead nomatter how, you won't need your kidney any longer.  Just remember, never go riding with someone after they ask to get a blood sample for compatability ;D

motomadness