News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Tire cost?

Started by Mr.Lind, January 17, 2007, 10:08:08 PM

Mr.Lind

How much should a set of racetires, Metzeler racetech, Bridgestone, or Pirelli supercorsa cost? Can you buy them by the track (homestead)?

Or do anyone know a great tiredealer near Hollywood FL?

//Alex

Mongoose

I think I paid $330 From the Pirelli Guy In december installed at Homestead

Gixxerblade

Dang thats a good deal. I am pretty sure I paid $360 last year at VIR.

proechel539

Thats a real good deal the Pirelli guy quoted me 370 at Summit and thats for DOT's on a stinkin SV. Thats why I'll be riding on anything but Pirelli. I can get Michelin DOT's from Lithium for 270
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

Super Dave

So, comparing prices...but not comparing which tire from the manufacturer?

Each manufacture has current tires and old tires.  Prices will vary based on that.
Super Dave

Mongoose

Whoops checked The Credit card statement It was $355.00

Sorry

Gixxerblade

What do "A" racers pay and how do I get on that program? Do you have to be real fast or just pretty much submit a resume for it and hope to get selected?

Super Dave

Win races.  Contingency pays well.
Super Dave

clutch

What Dave said and you need to submit a resume to the tire company at the end of the season.

Gixxerblade

So I'm a day late and a few podium finishes short then?

racerhall

if you win races and send in a resume i still wouldnt hold my breath that you will get free tires
Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

khanson

You also have to factor in the life expectancy of the tire.....Some tires last longer than other tire manufacturers.  Therefore, you may save $20 a set of tires, but you have to put new tires on more often costing you a lot more money.

It's pretty simply....tire vendors at the track don't make much money on tires.  Even factory AMA teams only get "X" amount of free tires and burn up that budget at the beginning of the year.

Tires simply cost money....however it's cheaper keeping fresh tires on the bike than rebuilding a bike and spending $500-3K after wadding it up because you tried to get that "one extra race" out it.

And yes....thats speaking from experience!
Kevin Hanson<br /><br />www.SafetyFirstRacing.com<br />Safety First Racing<br />847.357.1309