Safety wire project

Started by cgorham, January 17, 2007, 01:16:34 PM

Grashopr

Are those guys doing their hose clamps in a way that will pass tech with CCS?   If so, that'll save me a TON of time...

CCS #303

Old Woman in a Cage: "WHAT were you thinking doing wheelies down the road at 60 to 70 mph??!!"

Idiot on a Triumph: "Oh we HAD to be going faster than THAT ma'am!"

Gixxerblade

Do you have to safety wire hose clamps to pass tech with CCS?

Woofentino Pugrossi

Never had issues in 5 yrs with my hose clamps not being wired.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Grashopr

from the 2007 rulebook:

5.2 MOTORCYCLE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS

5.2.13 All oil, fuel, and coolant carrying hoses or lines must be secured at all
connecting points by clips, clamps, safety wire, or other approved
means.

So do we NOT need to 'secure' them... or are the hose clamps condsidered the 'securing device' ?   
CCS #303

Old Woman in a Cage: "WHAT were you thinking doing wheelies down the road at 60 to 70 mph??!!"

Jason748

Quote from: Grashopr on January 23, 2007, 03:36:21 PM
So do we NOT need to 'secure' them... or are the hose clamps condsidered the 'securing device' ?   

Hose clamps are the securing device.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

GSXR RACER MIKE

Off the top of my head I believe I have only had 3 things safety wired on all 3 of my race bikes over the last decade, that would be the oil drain plug, the oil filler, and the oil filter. I have never been questioned as to anything else not being safety wired, so I would assume that anything beyond those is pretty much an optional thing (not that more is a bad thing).
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Grashopr

Are there any tech inspectors on the boards that can clear this up?   What exactly is gonna get me tossed out of tech?
CCS #303