Road America Round - Hotel Availability

Started by motobenco, January 13, 2007, 04:46:23 PM

motobenco

Just a heads up, I was told by Siebkens that there is a PGA round scheduled the same weekend as the CCS round at Road America. So if you are not camping and need a room plan ahead, looks like rates will be up, minimum stay up and the number of rooms down. 

Rescue and restoration of 60's & 70's motorcycles, former pro-racer, motorsports enthusiast.

251am

Holy crap!? What're we gonna do with all those golphers around the infield?      :lmao:

Eric Kelcher

yes we are aware and part of the reason I put so much time into arragning motel deals around the country. Check out the event info for each venue and you will find motel deals most have a limit on number of rooms and a cut-off for discounted rate of aprox 6 weeks before event. Here is RA host motel info
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

coolice

I hope the new pit area is done and some additional power outlets. Eric have you thought of setting up advance deals for those of us that stay trackside?  (R/v-camper, trailer) It would be helpful when arriving late night/or early am and not have to check in the rig as well as rider sign-up, tech, etc.
"The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys"
CCS#958
Crew chief Jamesgang /Hoban Bros.Racing #70 Buell   
2008 Team Challenge GT Lights Champion
2007 & 2008 MotoST GST 3rd overall

barb_arah

Quote from: 251ex on January 13, 2007, 05:03:38 PM
Holy crap!? What're we gonna do with all those golphers around the infield?      :lmao:
Quote from: 251ex on January 13, 2007, 05:03:38 PM
It reminds me of that movie with Rodney Dangerfield and Chevy Chase...didn't they star in a movie about golf and groundhogs?  :)
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

G-reg

--Greg
MW EX#84

truckstop

I appologize in advance for the fact that this post has nothing at all to do with hotel rooms in Elkhart Lake...

Road America -> golphers -> gophers -> Caddyshack -> Kenny Loggins -> Yacht Rock

Since the Caddyshack gopher immediately causes "I'm Alright" to play in my head, I felt the need to post this really funny film series: (there's some cursing, if you have gentle ears, you've been warned.)

The birth of "I'm Alright"
http://www.channel101.com/shows/view.php?media_id=1359

The pilot is worth watching for the scene of Messina drunk in an alley:
http://www.channel101.com/shows/view.php?media_id=805

Alright, I go back to lurking now.

251am

:sleeping2:

Carl; "Ahh, pardon me sir, but if I exterminate all the golphers won't I get in some trouble?"     ( In the bestest of Bill Murray drunken slurring rendition of Carl the Greenskeeper, of course.)

barb_arah

Caddyshack...that's what I was thinking of. 
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

Grashopr

I think we're going camping, as every hotel we've called within a 45min drive of the track has been between $70 and $130/night.  Planning on being there Wed. through Sun., so that's too much $$ for me.   
CCS #303

Old Woman in a Cage: "WHAT were you thinking doing wheelies down the road at 60 to 70 mph??!!"

Idiot on a Triumph: "Oh we HAD to be going faster than THAT ma'am!"