Farewell, my dear friends....

Started by russ1962, January 07, 2007, 05:12:45 PM

russ1962

My Dear Friends,

Just wanted to tell you that the Midwest Expert #47 number plate is available this coming season.  If you'd like it, I'm not reclaiming it.

After 15 years of racing, living with you wonderful people, I'm turning in my wheels and moving on... 

I've decided to officially retire and recreate my world.  As of April 1st, I'll be finished with work, as my company has once again been sold to a larger operation, and I am fortunate enough to accept a retirement opportunity. 

I'll bought a home in Sicily a few months ago in anticipation of this move.  It's located in Castelbuono, Sicily.   I've got family there, and it's a beautiful piece of heaven.  If you'd like to see a little more about where that is, click this link...

http://www.sicilyphotos.com/foto_della_sicil_000001.htm

My new house is located about 1.5 miles from the sea, on the northern coast of Sicily.  Consider my home in Sicily as a vacation getaway for yourselves, complete with wine, great home cooked Italian food, race photos, and lots of racing lies long into the evening. 

I'm excited about my future, but have to admit I already miss you all.  You have been a huge part of my existence and world for so long, and I'll miss it dearly.  When I think about all the wonderful experiences I've had in this sport, one constant remains through them all:  it's the friendships and people that I come back for each season.  The bond we all share is deep, as you all know and feel.  I'll miss that most of all.

I hope to see as many of you folks in the next few months, hopefully at Daytona in March. 

Sincerely, respectfully, and with love and admiration for you all,

Russ Intravartolo
Former Midwest Expert #47.
rintravartolo@yahoo.com

Russ W. Intravartolo, EX #47
mailto:rintravartolo@yahoo.com

Court Jester

CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

nfcracin

Good luck Russ

I cant belive after fighting for the #47 for so many years with you
and even stealing it for 1 year just to have you take it bake the next.

now your just giving it away.

You should keep it and come back and race at least once a year.
There will always be a bike ready for you with YOUR # on it when ever you need it.

Lonny

Super Dave

Russ? 

Sicily? 

Is intravartolo Italian similarly to Rosno?

Super Dave

Super Dave

And I'll bring my beanie and swim suit.
Super Dave

barb_arah

Quote from: Super Dave on January 07, 2007, 06:37:29 PM
And I'll bring my beanie and swim suit.
OH NO!  Is it the same one you wore at the Wegman?
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

Super Dave

Super Dave

russ1962

Lonny, just adjust the seat on that thing so my feet can touch the ground and I'll be there.  I'd love the opportunity to come back and ride.

Dave, the beaches are topless, so just bring the beanie and your all set.  I'm sure you'll be a hit there.   Yes, Intravartolo is Sicilian, my family is there and I met them when I was there a few months ago.  Very cool, they knew my family in the states and followed their lives from afar.  Feels like home to me.

No airfare in the invitation!  You're kidding!  Get ur butt there on your own, and spend nothing more when your there.  It's a beautiful place to see, and you'll be taken care of like royalty when you arrive.

Russ

mdr14

Russ, I will be saddended by your departure.  :wah:
Have fun in Sicily!!!
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

Jeff

Just keep in touch with us on the forum!  Congratulations to you Russ, I hope you enjoy your new adventure and take life easy.  Enjoy the fruits of your labors...  Too few people actually get to do that!

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

K3 Chris Onwiler

So how close are you to the nearest GP track?   :biggrin:
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

russ1962

Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on January 07, 2007, 10:08:31 PM
So how close are you to the nearest GP track?   :biggrin:

Autodromo Di Pergusa
http://www.autodromopergusa.it/user/index.php?id=2

The track is located about 50 miles from my house, just south of Mt. Enna, called Pergusa.  It's a ring that surrounds the largest natural lake in Sicily.  Lots of Italian riders test there in the winter months since it's cold in most of Italy at that time, and Sicily is warm in the winter.  There's club racing there too, so you know I'll be sniffing around there pretty quickly.