News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Race Weekend

Started by clutch, January 29, 2003, 01:11:09 PM

clutch

Got a question or two about a race weekend.  For CCS what does the schedule consist of?  I am running unlimited SS, GP and GTO and I hear there is an endurance you can do also that is a 30 minute deal.  What is done on Friday's, Sat and Sun?  Like when is the practice and race times and when does each class run?  Any help appreciated.  Oh...mainly mid atlantic region at Summit and VIR.

Sean

r6_philly

At VIR and summit, there sometime is a practice day run by CCS (LP sportrider days) or Cornerspeed (At VIR).

Sat are GT (30 minute endurance race) and some sprints.

Sunday are all sprints. Unlimited SS will be the last race of the day in the first half of year, and first race of the day in the last half of the year. Unlimted GP will be middle of the schedule on Sunday. GTO will be probably the first GT race on Sat.

VIR and Summit schedules are very similar, once you get used to one, the other one is about the same.

clutch

Hey thanks man.  How much practice in between do they do?

Sean

r6_philly

QuoteHey thanks man.  How much practice in between do they do?

Sean

No problem, I guess I will be seeing you at the track this year.

Practice? 2 rounds on Sat Morning and 2 rouns on Sun morning. usually 15-20 minutes depending on how smooth (you know clean up, ambulance... always cut down on time). They usually run practice til about 10:30 or 11 am, run 3 races, break for hour long lunch, then resume. If I remembered right, GTO is usually 1 or 2 races after lunch... so don't eat too much lol

clutch

I will be at Summit on 05-02 thru 05-04. Riding a black/yellow 99 900 RR...not the preferred weapon but hey, I am stuck with it.. Amateur Unlimited..I knew I shoulda bought that Gixxer two years ago!!!  Oh well..Tan GMC Z-71 and black enclosed trailer..stop by if ya want.

Sean

r6_philly

cool man I will stop by and say hi. I will be on the same R6 as the one in pick, although may be white plates... donno yet. If not we will be in the same races, I always do the unlimited SS and GP.

Did you get your number yet? I think I got to keep my 977

clutch

number plate will be yellow for me..LOL  I have been doing track days for a while now and am intermediate..hopefully I can get my same number for CCS as track day (817) so I dont have to freakin keep changin numbers. (MORE MONEY). I take the Marrc class on 05-02 and will be crappin my pants on the 3rd and 4th...LOL.  Does CCS just assign the number after the school or give you the one you want if available, he said you buy the license that day after the MARRC and enter the races you want race that weekend if you want.  BTW..will have a grill and food that night...yeah..burgers and dogs..maybe a steak or two...LOL.  How many races do you do a weekend?  I guess I can do the unlimited amateur GP, GTO, SS and this endurance..or is that the GTO?  How many bikes on the grids usually?

Sean

Eric Kelcher

GT's (GO, GTU, GT lights) are the mini endurance races; 30 minute timed purse races.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

r6_philly

After you pass the Marrc school, you can buy your license and pick your number, so whatever that is available and you like you can have. You can enter races for Sat and Sun, but you will be put back of the grid, usually. GTO is the 30 minute race, good way to get some laptime, and get used to the start of the race before the sprints.

Middleweight classes are the fullest grid, but the heavy weight classes are not that bad. But you will be put in the 2nd wave behind all the regulars. GTO usually run about 40-50, sprints 40-60 depends on the weekend. Usually fuller at Summit than VIR.

I will probably race 8 races as Amateur or 5-6 as Expert. GTO,GTU,MWSS,MWSB,MWGP,HWSB,UNGP and the new Sportbike class. I never get tired at Summit so I just want to race all day long. But that looks like 2 sets of tires :)

We always have drinks and food... cook in between racing and eat and drink all night, watch a movie or two... we have fun at the track, its more like a vacation than racing :)

I will probably do the practice day on 5/2 as well, so if you need help with anything, especially the track and getting used to racing, just stop by, it is my job to help people at the track  ;) look for the young "looking" chinese kid with long long hair...

Dafan

clutch