Will the grids be small this year?

Started by DRU2, January 28, 2003, 09:08:31 PM

DRU2

Will there be anyone left to race this year seems like everyone is runnning on small bugets!Myself included. I hope to be able to run some this year!!

r6_philly

I will take money outta my food budge to race  ;D

Super Dave

Good question...

Every year, there is a turn over of racers.  Not sure if this year is any different from the next.  But there certainly is a lot of grumbling...  Or at least there are more forums to talk about it.
Super Dave

sportbikepete

As much as I enjoy CCS and the people my crew of racers just could not do the schedule that was laid out so the bulk of our racing will be done with another club. This was not an easy decision and only came about this week. 18 hours one way was just not do-able for a weekend, and then making it like double points puts us out of any type of good points finish.

OldRacer

I'm hearing that  a lot.  since most of the events are pretty far away from northern california a lot of us have to travel big distances to get to the CCS events so a lot of people are going to drop the CCS events and do afm.  The whole practice thing makes it even easier to make that decision.

Dawn

QuoteGood question...

Every year, there is a turn over of racers.  Not sure if this year is any different from the next.  But there certainly is a lot of grumbling...  Or at least there are more forums to talk about it.

I agree with Dave on this one.

Some go, some stay, but there will always be someone to race against.  

Dawn   :)

P.S.  This may be a backwards way of looking at it, but the smaller the grids, the better the chance for wood.  When you tell someone that you took first, no one needs to know how many were actually in your class.   ;D

TZDeSioux

well as long as all the fun cool people come back.. it's okay with me :)

Woofentino Pugrossi

I'll be back this year. After missing all but 2 weekends last year due to unemployment and no insurance. :(

Now I'll be back with a vengance to tear a certain TLR apart. ;D ;D ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

ecumike

QuoteP.S.  This may be a backwards way of looking at it, but the smaller the grids, the better the chance for wood....

Or better yet... money

KBOlsen

Why Rob... how sweet of you to offer to help John work on the bike! :-*
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

r6_philly

Trackdays are getting more popular. From the people I talked to at the New York motorcycle show regarding doing track days, quite a few people are very interested in racing. If they do come to the track and ride with us, I am sure they will follow our steps and get into CCS racing. So there are a fresh supply of new racers.

On the other hand, a few racers I know are dropping out. Some didn't like it, some didn't want to race with the tough Expert competition. But I think for everyone that are not coming back, there are 2 more interested.

I do think the grids will be smaller this year in MA. So many traveling events, so many rounds, so bad of an economy, many people's race budget are smaller, and have to do more rounds, I think far away events are going to be not busy at all, and closer ones will be slightly smaller because people pick and choose the weekends. Or as mentioned above, go with the other Org and race 8 times and still have a chance at a regional championship.

I am committed to a whole season though, even Barber :) Even though I just moved 2 hours farther away from every track that I go to  :-/ see ya at the races

Eric Kelcher

I am kinda thinking it will be about the same, the increased fees give more benefit than last year, ie transponders granted it will take half a year to get all regions trained and supplied but I think the upside of instant results and potential for accurate lap times/records is major bonus. I think CCS is headed into the future in the right direction. Slight price increase but overall when compared to the other things we buy at the track not that much increase. I have watched my tires go from 280 a set to almost 400 in last 3 years my fuel prices go from 1.19 to 1.54 brakes from $45 to $65 while my entry fees went from 135 to 160 and we are getting transponders while others are for the exact same thing! same tire same brake pads same 93 octane.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition