removing a bat from my wall

Started by Court Jester, December 25, 2006, 08:43:34 PM

aberg12012

Bats I know nothing about... but mice?  I got a solution for that.  Click the link.  (Warning, not for Ophidiophobes.)

http://www.pbase.com/alanjames/image/51757925

K3 Chris Onwiler

Sometimes you do things like that, and the world doesn't get the private joke.  See, Kankakee is kind of a redneck, illiterate town.  We have a "Speak out" section in the local paper, and they print whatever the populace sends in.  So there was this one lady who wrote in that they should spray for bats, because the bats are always swooping down, and they lay their eggs in your hair.
Well, my wife saw this, and she was literally in tears laughing about it.  She just had to share it with me.  I too was more than a little amused, especially when darling Laura read the letter to me in her best trailer park drawl.
So now whenever bats are brought up, Neither Laura or I can resist the mention of bat eggs.  Yew see ah may be dumb, but I ain't literate....
:biggrin:
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote from: spyderchick on December 27, 2006, 08:57:58 PM
I'm glad you have an editor in real life...
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Still worrying about the statute of limitations....
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

dylanfan53

That's a cute bat. 

For  mice, McGuyver says run a piece of wire through a spool and string the wire across the top of a 5 gal. bucket.  Coat the spool with peanut butter and put water in the bottom of the bucket.  They spin the spool and fall in.

Don Cook
CCS #53

Jeff

And yes, mice can swim, but not more than a few hours...

As for finding the entrance?  Well, it's a house...  1/4" openings are pretty common...  My guess is that they come in through the garage which has a goofy door that doesn't always close tight.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Court Jester

get a cat or two. you'd be amazed at what an outside cat or two can accomplish
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

spyderchick

Quote from: Court Jester on December 28, 2006, 10:09:36 AM
get a cat or two. you'd be amazed at what an outside cat or two can accomplish

I've told Jeff this at least 1/2 dozen times. Jeff hates cats. That's why I keep telling him to get a cat. Amazing how well you like an animal when it does what it's supposed to do!

We have a ton of stuff in a barn in agricultural Racine where we store all spare bikes, parts, and Roger's car. Yeah. they have 3 cats. We have no mice. No mouse droppings, no mouse pawprints, no mousie chew marks, no nests of mice, no wrecked electrical wiring. We have seen cat prints on the car and found one pile of cat poo on the floor. I'll take that for peace of mind. No mouse traps, no mouse bait, no mouse poison.

Hey Jeff, get a cat!   :preachon:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Jeff

1.  I hate cats
2.  Wife is allergic to cats
3.  1 dog is deathly afraid of cats
4.  Other dog simply wants to eat cats

The list went on and on but the rest all fell under category 1...

And don't get me wrong.  I don't mind that other people have cats, in fact, I'll probably pet them when they come over.  I just don't want any myself...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

funsizeracing

Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

spyderchick

Quote from: Jeff on December 28, 2006, 02:20:20 PM
1.  I hate cats

get over yourself

2.  Wife is allergic to cats

have Jen get over herself

3.  1 dog is deathly afraid of cats

Your dog is a pussy, tell it to get over itself.

4.  Other dog simply wants to eat cats

Send this dog to sensitivity training.

Just kidding.  :biggrin: 

Hope you get rid of the meeces. <:3 )~~~~  <:3 )~~~~  <:3 )~~~~

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Jeff

See, and all that is why I hate cats...  Because I refuse to be subservient to an animal...  They're arrogant creatures, and well, that doesn't go well with my arrogance...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Court Jester

but they handle themself so well when you're gone three days for a race.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"