removing a bat from my wall

Started by Court Jester, December 25, 2006, 08:43:34 PM

Court Jester

CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Court Jester

Quote from: Jeff on December 27, 2006, 03:00:49 PM
noooooo...  Glue traps.  those are evil.  Especially when you toss them in a fire or leave them in the hot sun when you're done with them.

Or worse was the one time I had a live trap.  The mice would run through an opening and it would scoop them into a chamber where they happily existed until I released them into my neighbor's truck (but that's another story).  There was one day when I wound it up too tight and the first poor mouse to come through got splattered on the back wall.  Then there was the time I forgot about the trap for a few weeks.  I wondered what that awful smell was.  It was the few remaining mice, going all 'donner' on the dead ones, eating them up... 

I threw the trap away at that point as it almost made me puke, and it was, just plain evil...

and you have way too much fun killing mice man.
and penutbutter works great on mouse traps
CCS# 469

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Jeff

when I was a kid, we would hunt bats with tennis racquets...

Take a nylon and fill it with sand, cut some small holes in it and hang it from a tree around dusk.  As the sand trickles out, the bats think it's bugs, so they come flying.  PONG, ya whack 'em.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

spyderchick

Take these cats. They are handsome and full grown (no kitten hijinx). Mouse problem solved, happy kids, and no more chewed up valuables.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

funsizeracing

Don't let Jeff get' em.  He'll bludgen them to death with a tennis racquet and then send the fur off to make sweaters. 

Poor kitties.  Makes me sad.  :wah:
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

Jeff

Damn it Becka!  You beat me to it!! 
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Court Jester

well one made it's way out. i scooped it up and slung it outside. temps in the upper 20's so i don't think it'll make it too far.

CCS# 469

Court Jester

and i swear my floor is clean. it does look dirty as hell in the picture though doesn't it
CCS# 469

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: Jeff on December 27, 2006, 11:16:48 AM
I'm in a full-fledged war with mice right now...  I was wondering why there weren't any in my garage... well, DUH, because they're all in my kitchen...

So I managed to kill one in a sink full of water.  Pretty morbid & gross.
then last night, I emptied out a drawer and put a trap in it and one on the counter.
2:00am, I'm up on a conference call (ugh) and I hear SNAP!  Oh yeah baby, game on...

Well I worked at Orkin for 2 yrs. Loved dealing with mice.

BTW Mice can swim just for future reference.

Best way to stop it, is find out how they are getting in and seal the hole they are using. Mice can squeeze through holes small as 1/4" if they HAD to, but much like people, they'll take the easy route. Get a blacklight, turn off all lights and then look for anything that sticks out. Mice pretty much piss all the time and leave trails of urine. Anytime handling a mouce, wear gloves if possible or use pliers. Mice can carry Hentavirus which can be fatal. Personally I liked using the Tin Kats with a glueboard inside it. The glue board made it easy to clean out (dead mice can weld themselves to the metal bottomes after a month or so). I've opened them up with live mice in them, seen them going Jeffery Dahmer on eachother, once opened one up and a female mouse had her pups while stuck in the glue. Not a pretty site to see, but that was my job. If the place I was working on didnt have pets or young children, I;d just use poison baits.

As for bats, those are one of the few animals I will run screaming from. Glad they werent part of Orkins service. I had a list of places I could suggest to people that asked about certain nuisance pest. SNakes I would handle myself even though its not part of Orkins service. I carried a collapsable tong and a hook in the truck. When we had a company inspection from HQ the guy inspecting the truck for proper equipment and correct storing (ie chemicals in teh toolboxes in teh beds. not supposed to keep any in the cabs) asked what those were. Kinda shocked him when I told him I removed snakes from a few customers homes. The other techs were pussies. Brought one back to the office after dropping the truck off (was gonna release it at an area that was better suited for the snake than the customers home) and had it wrapped around my arm. Very pretty fox snake. (have been bitten by one also) Damn the one tech screamed like a little girl when he seen it.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote from: funsizeracing on December 27, 2006, 02:10:06 PM
Bat's are mammals, they don't lay eggs.
Hence the little laughing dude at the end of the sentance....
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

funsizeracing

Just checking. 

That little laughing man at the end seemed innocent enough but it could have been the "muahaha" evil laughter brought on by the thought of bat eggs incubating inside the walls of your home.

Ya never know for sure.
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

spyderchick

Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on December 27, 2006, 07:47:47 PM
Hence the little laughing dude at the end of the sentance....

I'm glad you have an editor in real life...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".