WSB at Imola

Started by EX#996, January 28, 2003, 06:20:36 PM

EX#996

Well - I gotta go everyone....

Speedvision - opps! - The Speed Channel, is replaying the WSB races at Imola.  This is my fourth time watching it (I taped it the first time) and I still get excited watching Bayliss and Edwards battle it out.

IMO that was some of the best racing of the year.

See ya!

Dawn   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Bernie

I have forgotten what a kick-butt race this is!!  Damn I wish it was summer!

EX#996

Aaahhhh......

I almost feel like having a cigarette.   ;)

Dawn   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

chris_chops

Watched it last night, good stuff.  I wish Xaus would have punted Edwards, then it really would have been the best race ever.  Sorry, I'm still loyal to the ducs.
For how long, I don't know.  Maybe I'll follow in Hanson's footsteps and buy a gsxr.

SliderPhoto

QuoteWatched it last night, good stuff.  I wish Xaus would have punted Edwards, then it really would have been the best race ever.  Sorry, I'm still loyal to the ducs.
For how long, I don't know.  Maybe I'll follow in Hanson's footsteps and buy a gsxr.
DOH :o

Yeah, funny when Edwards commented on not wanting to be anywhere near Xaus even in a regular race. :)  What makes it even better is that Colin is a really cool guy, very down to earth. Those two races were amazing! Can't wait for GP this year. I do feel badly for Troy crashing out in the previous round and making it a race. Funny how you look back and remember who was champ but not always who just missed the mark.

Gixxer124

Best race of the year. Who would of thought anyone but Bayliss would be champ after watching the first half of the season?

harb990

QuoteBest race of the year. Who would of thought anyone but Bayliss would be champ after watching the first half of the season?

Agreed, but that last lap in the last race showed how huge of a competitor that Edwards is.  The Imola races were by far the most exciting especially in the later laps.

Gixxer124

I was drinking a few beers with my buds last night while watching Speed Vision (I refuse to call it by the new name. It's silly) I was going on and on about how everybody should watch the last 3 laps of this race. About half way through, I realized it was race 1. :-[ Hey, they stuck around and watched race 2 and thought it kicked butt. ;D

diesel748

I taped race 1 & 2 when it originaly aired they also  had a supersport race from Assen with a horrible crash about 3/4 of the way through it. I popped the tape in tues. afternoon watched all three after it was over I had a little dinner flipped the channel to speed and they were showing Imola. That kept my mind away from the 4 in. of snow outside. It was like Christmas in january
43 days untill my LSTD @ Texas world speedway

SliderPhoto

QuoteI taped race 1 & 2 when it originaly aired they also  had a supersport race from Assen with a horrible crash about 3/4 of the way through it....

Yeah, one of the worst crashes I've ever seen. That guy cheated death thanks to their protective barrier!
http://www.gwfweb.com/cycles/video/FimWSS.wmv

diesel748

He was also an inch from lose'n his head. that guy didn't kick his dog that morning! If anyone was ever lucky when they crashed it was him. :o

Dawn

QuoteHe was also an inch from lose'n his head. that guy didn't kick his dog that morning! If anyone was ever lucky when they crashed it was him. :o

I have that race taped also...  His guardian angel was working overtime that day.

Dawn   :)