USGPRU 125GP National Q&A

Started by USGPRU, January 28, 2003, 10:50:34 AM

USGPRU

See everyone at Willow.  

There is a practice with dedicated 125/250 sessions on Friday.  Price is $125.00 for Friday practice.

Please pre-enter if possible (entry for USGPRU Event is $85 not $70), forms are up on the CCS website.  

Remember that you will need to have your AMA Membership number as well to be scored for the National Championship.  We will have limited AMA membership forms at the track but you will need to hunt down Stu or Jonathan to get one.

- USGPRU Staff

Litespeed

Thanks for the heads up.  I tried earlier this month to pre-register using the form on the usgpru site and was notified that CCS didnt' take these entries.  I am planning to sign up for the race on Friday between practices for this first round and then will pre-register for all later rounds.

Trying to avoid being a thorn in your side as much as possible, but have we gotten any word on the West schedule for the rest of the year?  I know it's difficult to plan since we aren't big enough to get a track fully to ourselves but if I can help in any way I would be glad to.  I have some contacts with TEAMAZ who does the track days at the new Arizona Motorsports Park and could possibly  see if they would be interested in hosting one of our events (if feasible).

USGPRU

Yeah, the schedule has been really tough but it's not really CCS's fault.  I know this has been a top priority for them for many weeks but they are, in many ways, at the mercy of others.  Don't hammer CCS too bad on this because it's really not their fault - and they ARE making a VERY big effort to get a fixed schedule out west, we just have to be patient.

The schedule posted on the USGPRU website is as far as we can tell 100% solid at this point so you're safe handing Kevin or Tiffany your entries for those dates.  We have one big date pending still but we don't want to comment on that till we have that 100% in the bag.  It would be the May date that's cleverly tagged TBA on the site.

As far as the new AZ track goes we have to leave that up to CCS for now.  It's a new track and there's a lot that goes into getting an event scheduled.  We'll have to wait and see how it all comes together. If it happens then we can look at it.  The facility looks great, but CCS has to make it work within a far larger framework that must take into consideration scheduling on a national scale, not just out west.

I can tell you that running races is no easy task and the staff at CCS really deserves our thanks.  Just running 1 class is tough for us at the USGPRU and we could never do it without CCS's help.  I can't even imagine how difficult it is to organise all the classes for all the events they schedule nationwide.  The amount of work that goes into it is just beyond imagination for most riders.  

Just to give you an idea, Stu and I both put in 10-20 hours a week on the 125 series (as many as 30-40 on a pre-race week) and that's just one class and 16 races... Imagine all the CCS classes at all the events on their schedule.  Divide  by the small staff they have and you can begin to appreciate all the work each of them do so we can go racing...

Litespeed

I wasn't trying to place blame on anyone.  I was simply asking if any further information was available that pertains to our racing schedule.  Unfortunately my job requires me to travel up to 50% of the time and it's difficult to change plans at the last minute.  I usually need at least a couple months notice and I was just hoping to get some sort of heads up so I could keep some dates open.  I have seen how hard it is to get track time when there is so few tracks and so many orgs and I really appreciate the fact we can race at all.

USGPRU

Not busting your chops.  Just saying that Tiffany and Kevin both have enormously difficult jobs.  

They know about the schedule issues, but us complaining about them just boosts their anxiety level and makes their lives miserable.  We have 90% o the schedule fixed now and there's just 1 out of 15 raes that's not locked in.  That's not too bad for January.  

Sure it would be cool if all the events we on paper at this point but the reality is that's a little difficult give the realities of scheduling these days.  I too have to book travel time, shipping, get vacation scheduled, arrange my crew, etc. but in the end that's just part of the game.  We have a really good deal with CCS and I want us to do what we can to make their job easier, not more difficult, that's all.  Give it another couple weeks and I think that you'll see everything will fall nicely into place.

I hope we have a good turn out this week.  It's early but there's lots of track time between Friday and Sunday and it should be a good race... besides, I get to try these new Bridgestones!

OldRacer

What's the minimum age for new riders in the GPRU?

USGPRU

14 is the minimum age for new riders