Pain and suffering

Started by K3 Chris Onwiler, December 13, 2006, 02:52:51 AM

dylanfan53

Quitting sucks. Tried everything.  Even hypnotism.  Three times.  Couldn't wait to get out of there so I could light up.  Finally used the patch exactly as directed to take the edge off and after several attempts and several years I kicked its ass instead of the other way around. 

For me at first it was constant torture with a few moments I'd forget about the craving sprinkled in between.  Eventually those moments got slightly longer.  Finally they exceeded the time I spent craving.

I don't care what they say about the half life of nicotine and the chemical only in your system for x days.  It's BS.  The addiction lasts very long and you have to be patient, knowing that you will get better. 

You can do it.  I've seen how you look when you want to kick ass so I know you can do it.
Don Cook
CCS #53

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote from: dylanfan53 on December 15, 2006, 10:32:40 PM
You can do it.  I've seen how you look when you want to kick ass so I know you can do it.

:biggrin:     :lmao:     :thumb:
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

251am

Things that will suck; parties, bars, morning coffee,  :blahblah:

Things that will get better, if not GREAT; sleeping is MUCH better, racing, exercising, sexxing, breathing, laughing, tasting, smelling....keep goin man!!!   

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote from: 251am on December 16, 2006, 09:01:44 AM
Things that will get better, if not GREAT; sleeping is MUCH better, racing, exercising, sexxing, breathing, laughing, tasting, smelling....keep goin man!!!   
The "Things that will suck," no problem.  Morning coffee does not require a cig for me.  Parties and bars?  Not my scene.  My problems are stress and excitement.
Your list of things that will get better?  Oh man, I hope so!  Sex, laughing and racing are my favorite stuff!  And I don't sleep very well now, so any help there would be great.

It's weird to take a deep breath and not cough.  In fact, it's weird that I no longer spend the first 10 minutes of my drive to work hacking up a lung.  All this and it's only day 11?
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

EX#996

Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on December 16, 2006, 09:54:25 AM
It's weird to take a deep breath and not cough.  In fact, it's weird that I no longer spend the first 10 minutes of my drive to work hacking up a lung.  All this and it's only day 11?

Yea!!!!!

Keep going, Chris.

Dawn   :thumb:
Paul and Dawn Buxton

r1owner

10 days makes that big of a difference?  That's cool man.  Keep it up!

jarhead

Congrat's man - you can do it! I tried the patch 7 years ago and quit for 3 months but was stupid and gave in one night out with my friends. Got hooked again just like that.

Yesterday was my 30 day mark of being smoke free. I am using the patch again and I know I cannot give into the temptation of how good it really looks. I remember that night 7 years ago of what a frickin buzz I got and how it felt good to be smoking while being pissed up with my good friends. The next day while I was outside smoking I was truly disappointed with myself and embarrassed of how I gave into the temptation after how hard I worked at quiting.

Just stay strong; you'll have your bad moments - I still have them but they go away! :)

K3 Chris Onwiler

Saw a woman today standing outside taking a smoke break, and I felt pity instead of envy.  I think it's getting easier....

r1owner

Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on December 18, 2006, 06:41:23 PM
Saw a woman today standing outside taking a smoke break, and I felt pity instead of envy.  I think it's getting easier....

Why, was it really cold outside? ;)

spyderchick

Wait until the temps are in the single digits... wink
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

HAWK

Quote from: spyderchick on December 18, 2006, 09:03:39 PM
Wait until the temps are in the single digits... wink

Alexa, he's trying to quit, now in single digits what reason whould K3 have to be outside with a woman on a smoke break?
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

K3 Chris Onwiler

Bow chicka wow wow!

Her, "Do you smoke after sex?"
K3, "Depends which lube I use."