Unclear on the concept!

Started by HAWK, December 12, 2006, 12:28:39 AM

HAWK

OK, We all know that there are inherent risks in motorcycle racing but the enjoyment we derive from it SOOOOO outweighs the daner that we cn't possible dream of not doing it.

No, that didn't happen on the race track, that happened at work Nov 28th.  Let this be a warning to all you wreckless motorcycle racers, racing IS in fact going to kill you, just not the the way you think. I was working a day of overtime to help pay for that  last set of tires when someone one decided that it was time to push the 747 that my ladder was leaning up against out of the hanger. With nothing left to lean on, my ladder and I fell 15' to the hanger floor.

Don't ever forget that going to work tomorrow could cost you your life, live everyday like it was your last, if just might be!

Back row, Andy Adler, Robert Onley, Mitch Goldman, Front row Hawk after run in wih Boeing 747.

Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

bambam

damm man that sucks right before the holidays .. heal fast so you can be home for the recovery.

K3 Chris Onwiler

Paul, I didn't know you had a Teddy Bear fetish.... :jerkoff:

Methinks there may be a settlement in your future.  Glad you survived.  You and I have unfinished business....
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Super Dave

Paul, I didn't know you knew Andy...LOL!  Takes this to find out!

Ok, so what's busted up...we need a list.
Super Dave

Suzy

Hi Paul, I hope you get better quick!!! 

I'm sharing a game with you to beat any boredom you may have. It's a silly little game, but neat.  :thumb:

WHEELERS

if you click on the 'play more games' button, you will find a few more moto racing games. Have Fun!!  :biggrin:

And Paul, if you couldn't race next season (for your recovery), us cornerworkers would gladly welcome you.  8)
2005 Rookie Corner Worker of the Year!

Court Jester

hope you get healed up and back at it soon man. bad time of the year to be all gontched up. but at least it's not racing season yet.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

dylanfan53

Let's take a closer look...a Faster DVD, Rossi book, I think I see a Roadracing World mag under there, no bed pan in sight...the green teddy bear is a little disconcerting but I think you're gonna be all right.
Heal up quick!  :biggrin:

Don Cook
CCS #53

spyderchick

Dude! Start wearing your leathers and helmet at work!

I guess you won't be returning the message I left for you this morning. Heal up, and keep that wry perspective on life!

Oh, and watch out for the Andy Adler guy...he's a bad influence! (j/k, I love that guy.)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

HAWK

It would be a mistake to say you guys have no idea how great it feels to come back to the board and find all these get well wishes from your friends, I suspect you've all been there to.  It's just great to be a part of this community. I WILL be back, just not sure how soon.

OK now for that list,

plate and 7 screws in left wrist (note to ED, all ti)
left calf 6 inch tear
fractured transverse process on C7 and T1 vertibrae
more bruised ribs than I can count but with the pain killers they are giving me that may not be too many
and back spasms galore.

My advice to all of you is to call in sick often and tell them it is preventitive medicine. :thumb:
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Super Dave

Super Dave

K3 Chris Onwiler

HOLY CRAP!  Lordy, Paul, that grocery list of yours is no joke.  About the only injury you missed is a torn A-hole.  :ass:  Supplied with a home address, I could maybe go see how the guy who moved the plane is dealing with his guilt issues....
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

HAWK

Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on December 12, 2006, 01:25:44 PM
HOLY CRAP!  Lordy, Paul, that grocery list of yours is no joke.  About the only injury you missed is a torn A-hole.  :ass:  Supplied with a home address, I could maybe go see how the guy who moved the plane is dealing with his guilt issues....

ROTFLMAO good thing I got good pain meds or that would REALLY hurt. BTW the paramedics checked the A-hole, they didn't want to miss anything. :wtf:

Seriously though, the first thing anyone heard me say was "I'm going to kill the f***ing a****le that pushed that plane but 2 weeks later I realize that the only thing that would get me is a week in the cardiac unit for high blood pressure. Next week they are sending me in for some full body scan, I have no idea what that is but I sure hope it doesn't find anything else they need to fix.

I'm going to get the 08 rule change petitions off to an early start, I say CCS institute a new rule that says no racer can hold a full time job outside of the racing community, it is just too dangerous.

God I love being part of this group.

And K3, if you want to do something for me, Talk to our friend Xian and let's do dinner at Lou Malnattis. I know he went through worse and I'm going to need help like that getting up to speed next year.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413