News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Tenative 2007 Schedule

Started by extrakt0r, November 22, 2006, 01:34:36 PM

Super Dave

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on November 22, 2006, 02:45:02 PM

On a side note....
WTF are they going back to Gateway for? What happened to Gingerman for MW? Nice to see HPT is now a 3 day event instead of a 1 day.
I like Gateway.  And HPT was three days last year...plus a Thursday practice day and a Wednesday track day.
Super Dave

251am

So, it's tentative. Can we petition for change?

HPT is a GP location, at best, and from what I've heard Gateway is one big safety problem.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Didnt know last years HPT were 3 day'ers Dave. Since I wasnt racing, I was more concerned with BHF's dates so I could work.

Todd my main issue was that damn transition to get on the main straight. If that thing popped me out of my seat at teh speeds I go, I hate to see what happens when someone whos fast hits it wrong like I did. It would had been better if they just used teh banking of 3&4 instead of funneling us down to the pit in road and then back on the main straight.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

dylanfan53

No Grattan, no Gingerman, no Autobahn...

Gotta admit I'm bummed.  Being from the right side of the lake those were the only tracks I could ever hope for family and friends to attend.  Plus, I like BHF but there's got to be more diversity for me than going over the same piece of ground over and over and over...

Unfortunately, this will definitely cut down my participation and probably push me into retirement and track days with only occasional races.

Sorry to whine, but it is what it is....and for me it ain't good news.
Don Cook
CCS #53

Fast4fun

Why no Autobahn? It seemed to be well attended.
CCS Mid West EX #675
Tri 675

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: timsrc51 on November 22, 2006, 08:46:16 PM
Why no Autobahn? It seemed to be well attended.

One of two things.

Either dates havent been agreed upon yet, or Autobahn just doent want CCS.

Kinda a meaning of tentative.:biggrin: Easier to add a date to a tentative schedule than remove one. There might be some dates added. For the last 5 yrs theres always been a date in early Oct. I'd wait until the actuall schedule is announced mid dec.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

SV88

Yeah I'm a little disapointed also... I'll just be racing at BHF and RA - I actually prefer Auto S and Ginger - hopefully they'll add a couple of dates.  Most of the guys I got to know in the LW class got promoted to expert - Congrats to  - Hawk, George, Guy, Jim, Jon Gu  -- did Nick (grasshopper) get it?.  Gateway and Heartland are way far from Chicago.  We'll just wait and see.  I'm glad they ruled out the @#$#$% BMW.  Maybe sailing yachts again this summer!!
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

benprobst

gateway isnt that far from chicago, its the same as all of the gp/ st louis area mw guys having to go to blackhawk 5 $%#@ing times a year. While gateway isnt the safest track, granted it is potentially dangerous like all tracks, and maybe a little bit more so than normal, however unlike alot of other dangerous tracks, at gateway 2 of the the 3 dangerous spots are thouroughly cover with a layer of haybails behind airfence. and if you are a good technical rider the track can be fun. not saying its for everyone, its my hometrack and i am a very technical ridre and I dont even enjoy it that much, but its not as bad as people make it out to be.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

SV88

No, I feel your pain - having to come up to BHF from St. Louis does suck.  I wonder where is the best location in the country for a club racer?  Probably the North East.  When I was living in Montreal there were only 2-3 tracks - Sanair, Shanonville and Mosport within 3-4 hrs.  I think WERA may be worse for travel and then AMA is a whole different level.

I should ship my bike down to you a week b4 and fly down and you could do the same for races up here.  Always got room in the garage!!

benprobst

ha, ya not a bad idea, but if i let you in my garage i would have to kill you, sorry to much top secret sv stuff going on in there.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

HAWK

Quote from: SVR6#231 on November 22, 2006, 10:02:06 PM
I'm glad they ruled out the @#$#$% BMW. 

What did you hear and where?
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

SV88

Scratch that - Gateway is not a problem (5 hrs from here).  Heartland or Topeka are more problematic.  May do Hearland instead of a track day weekend at Barber in March.  Given your impressive list of sponsors, I probably cannot compete, although the real test will be at the track!