Tenative 2007 Schedule

Started by extrakt0r, November 22, 2006, 01:34:36 PM

zx10ragentorange

Quote from: Super Dave on November 26, 2006, 08:43:22 AM
Travel is cheap.  Add the dates you want, and the regional series becomes a lot larger and then very expensive because of racing tires, racing fuel, etc.

Putnam hasn't had a CCS date since probably 1996 or so, I think.  And there's no camping.

Well yeah and that totally sucks with Putnam as that would be a great venue for sure. There is however camping nearby but I guess that would be a bit of a pain for some.

Court Jester

i'd love to race putnam. but they don't allow camping and ccs had a falling out with them a while back. probably no putnam until ownership changes hands. that is a fun track though and i have good times there
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: Super Dave on November 26, 2006, 08:43:22 AM
Travel is cheap.  Add the dates you want, and the regional series becomes a lot larger and then very expensive because of racing tires, racing fuel, etc.

Putnam hasn't had a CCS date since probably 1996 or so, I think.  And there's no camping.

Dave werent they on the 1999 schedule? I swear they were. I think it was the next event after I got my license and didnt go due to just getting the license.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Super Dave

If it was, I didn't go.  Early in the track's "career" a motorcycle racer was killed there.  1996?  And Mr Diasio got really angry with CCS.  When he passed away, his kids took over, and they still seem to have similar feelings.

And didn't they boot out WERA too?

Guy might have died there in 1994, now that I think of it.  I raced more AMA stuff in 1993 and 1994...I raced ARHMA there in 1996 and got slammed and crashed in the last corner.  The armco was moved a year or so after the guy died the one year, and I remember thinking about that as I was sliding toward the barrier.
Super Dave

Court Jester

as i understood it, the manager of putnam got really wizzed off after CCS canceled a date they had set. but the guy that does my stickers had a brother that died at a bike race at putnam (may be the same guy) but he got hit by another bike after going down on his way out of turn 10. not that either of those details matter in the least. but i would love to see the issue between the two organizations fixed and have putnam on the schedule. i'm sure it would have one hell of a turn out.
CCS# 469

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Super Dave

I know that CCS has asked for dates.  It does appear to be something that the family has decided to do...no WERA or CCS or AHRMA.
Super Dave

Jeff

besides, guys, really...  Look at some of the other orgs or regions where they have 1 or 2 tracks...  Do you want that?  CCS MW is not that bad at all.

The simple reduction of 11 weekends down to 9 will help most absorb the travel costs.  True, it won't help those who have tracks in their back yards which were scratched, but on the whole it will make it easier on the racer.  Do the math yourself and figure it out.

A race weekend costs about $2k.  $4k is a LOT of travel money.  As Dave mentioned, "Travel is cheap".

Look at it in an optimistic manner...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

extrakt0r

Why doesn't CCS goto BIR?

I have never run BIR, but would hit it up if CCS when there...
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

Jeff

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Court Jester

CCS# 469

weggieman

Go on their web site and ask them...............

Super Dave

CCS did go to Brainerd in 1997.  I had schools there.

CRA has kind of a lock, and most CRA riders aren't interested in travel...hence, this year, they aren't  doing MAM.
Super Dave