Another question for the mid-west guys.

Started by Steviebee, January 26, 2003, 04:50:13 PM

Steviebee

You can camp (with a tent, not motorhome) at
Road America
Blackhawk Farms
Gingerman

right ?   or is there no camping at these tracks ?

Can you pitch the tent where you set up ? Or is there a seperate place for camping ?

Pit_Girl

I don't know about RA or Gingerman, but i am pretty sure that at BHF you can camp wherever you pit. But,(and correct me if i am wrong, which i can be from time to time), space in the main pit area seems to be limited, with the larger teams and all....

-jen

Super Dave

BFR is good, no problem.  RA involves hiding from security.  Gingerman...it's kind of weird.  You can pay for a camping pass.  Gateway is cool.  
Super Dave

Woofentino Pugrossi

You can camp in the paddock. Cost about $35 for teh weekend. I think you have to get the pass at registration at Siebkins (thats where I always got mine).

Gingerman, when I went in 01, had a camping fee.

BHF is as long as you paid the gate fee you can camp. electricity extra.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Super Dave

And the 'lectric sometimes pops everywhere.  A generator is better for tire warmers.  If you're looking for consistency, you need to have a generator for warmers....
Super Dave

Protein Filled

Yeah, nothing like getting ready to go out in a race to find out your tires are ice cold because the tracks electric fuse blew 20 minutes ago and now you have to race in 30-something degree weather with cold tires...

How could I know that? hmmm....

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Nate R

Rob940,

DId you mean you can buy a pass for $35 for RA, or was that in reference to Gingerman.

Dave, how difficult is it to hide from security? What do you do to pull it off?
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

spyderchick

Dave wears this cute little number with a mini skirt and a blond wig. He's got great legs. :o
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

tzracer

I don't think that hiding from security is a smart thing to do. Do you want to risk being thrown out for the weekend?

I just called RA 1-800-365-RACE. Tent camping is allowed for competitors. $35 for the weekend.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Jeff

aside from the above obvious statements, the last place to mention this would be on a race board frequented by the CCS staff.

Hmmm, let's all look out for NATE RITTS who's hiding out in the john from security ;-)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Nate R

But aren't RA security and CCS staff different sets of, umm, employees???

Besides, I'll be hiding in the woods  ;D

Anyway, tent camping for $35 sounds just fine.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(