Daytona in March.

Started by eh427, November 12, 2006, 09:33:28 AM

eh427

Will we be running the traditional coarse in March or the new configuration? Hopefully the traditional.
Eric Helmbach
CCS #427
ASRA Team Challenge Overall #1
Chester Auto Repair Racing
Grease Monkey Racing

YellowDesmo998

Looking at the Moto ST site it looks like the same layout as the ROC.

Snacktime

While I like the old layout better, I'm hoping they run the new layout so I can see how far off I am from making an AMA Supersport grid. Then run the old one in the fall, that way it's almost like going to two different tracks.   -Snack

Super Dave

Should be the AMA layout because many private teams use the CCS event to practice for the AMA stuff.
Super Dave

GSXR RACER MIKE

I like both courses at Daytona, the AMA one is definitely slower and twistier, but the traditional one is fun in it's own right. I really like the idea of using both courses (1 in the spring, the other for the ROC), but I also realize that using the AMA course makes using the big tunnel a pain in the ass since they have to have guards posted at the track crossover point to allow people to cross between races. As long as they got people across the track quickly it wouldn't be an issue, but we definately wouldn't want it to create delays in an already pressed for time schedule.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

cardzilla

Which track is in use will decide whether or not I even go.  I've grown to hate the new layout, both for it's flow and it's logistical issues.  After highsiding and breaking an ankle I waited 40 minutes with NO ON TRACK ACTIVITY to cross the track... only to not cross it because the guard on duty couldn't get anyone to ok it via the radio.  Let's see, it's lunch hour, no bikes have passed in half an hour... perhaps you could go out on a limb and let me through?

To the powers that be, PLEASE use the traditional layout!
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

Kelly Daniels

New (AMA) layout. It's in the latest flyer.

Super Dave

Larry, I'm with you.  I don't like the new layout either.  I think it's another Wilson design.  Would rather be at a place like VIR, Heartland, Sears Point, Road Atlanta...I liked the previous Daytona chicane also.
Super Dave

GSXR RACER MIKE

I agree with you Dave, the old chicane was more fun. What I meant by liking both was the fact of having 2 options for that same track, just something different. I personally didn't really find a nice flow thru the new design, seems like it slows you down so much and it's hard for me to get any kind of rythem, maybe it's just me.

And what's the deal with all these Alan Wilson designed tracks not being the extremely bike freindly designs he claims to design? I admit some are better than others, but I certainly wouldn't say they are being designed with bike safety the major concern, seems some basics are being missed by him (for example Miller Motorsports Park and Autobahn Country Club, some are just plain obvious while still in the drawing stage of the design). Isn't he a racer himself? Maybe he needs to go for a ride on one of the 2 seater race bikes with a Pro racer to experience the dangers himself, just a thought.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Super Dave

I do some work with a civil engineering company, and we have a team ready for race track design. 

Nothing is perfect, but there is better.
Super Dave

Mongo

If you look at the overview of the land, add in things like waterways and such that have to be dealt with, add in the owners requirements for length and you'll notice that Alan's tracks are the best use of the land.  What in the world could you find wrong with Miller?

He has been on the back of a 2-seater bike.... 

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

Super Dave

I know that Alan has been quoted that he wants flat ground, no hills.

Haven't been to Miller, myself.  Might in 2007, I don't know.  Depends upon what I decide to do.
Super Dave