News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

How long should Barb harass Guy for Smacking up her car?

Started by spyderchick, November 09, 2006, 05:21:49 PM

How long should Barb harass Guy for Smacking up her car?

Be done with it, he's suffered enough
0 (0%)
Milk it for a few more weeks
5 (19.2%)
Wait to see if he get's the Mr. Potato Head Award
7 (26.9%)
Who's Barb?
1 (3.8%)
Who's Guy?
0 (0%)
Forever
13 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: November 16, 2006, 05:45:04 PM

SV88

Quote from: AM_#76 on December 19, 2006, 09:18:05 AM
Hole is healed, all of the things that holds a knee together are not.  Might be a late start next season.

Guy that bad?  I thought it was relatively minor by the way you were hobbling around Ginger.  Sounds like you and Hawk may be working corners for a while.  I think that you are building an SV beater in the garage and it won't really be ready until mid-season..
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

EX_#76

Quote from: SVR6#231 on December 31, 2006, 11:21:41 PM
Guy that bad?  I thought it was relatively minor by the way you were hobbling around Ginger.  Sounds like you and Hawk may be working corners for a while.  I think that you are building an SV beater in the garage and it won't really be ready until mid-season..

I thought the injury was pretty minor early on.  I can walk around just fine.  My knee hurts when I crouch down, climb too many stairs, or push the clutch in on my truck.  It does not seem to be improving very quickly.  I thought by now everything would be in good shape.  I have not even touched my bike yet!!  But I have made a really cool carbon fiber lower for Ed.  It has to be tied down so it does not float away.  My plans are to freshen up my motor, and make some carbon body work.  I need to get faster, my bike is fast enough.  So no fancy motor upgrades are in my immediate future.
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

HAWK

Hey Guy, I had the ACL replaced in my right knee 3 years ago and it still hurts when i do  to many stairs but once you go out on the track I have a feeling that you will find you don't even notice it. Seriously I wouldn't count yourself out until you try it out on the bike.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

EX_#76

Quote from: Hawk on January 02, 2007, 11:28:22 PM
Hey Guy, I had the ACL replaced in my right knee 3 years ago and it still hurts when i do  to many stairs but once you go out on the track I have a feeling that you will find you don't even notice it. Seriously I wouldn't count yourself out until you try it out on the bike.

I hope you are right, I plan to give it a shot before I decide what to do.  Budget is also a big concern right now.
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76

SV88

Hawk - when you ment shot did you really mean shot of cortizone? 

Yeah Guy, I'm feeling the financial sting also - bought $11K worth of bikes last year (an 03 SV1000n for the street and an 04 R6) not to say anything of racing expenses which were relatively low comparitively. 

The R6 will be up for sale in the spring and maybe I'll do the BHF, Gateway, Gingerman and Auto S (if the last two happen).  I'm not sure if RA will be much fun on an essentially stock SV even with high gearing.

Odd thing is, I generally have as much fun on the dirtbike or on my sailboat (in high winds) or dropping down a double black chute on skis as I do racing but at less cost and considerably less risk.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

HAWK

Quote from: AM_#76 on January 03, 2007, 09:40:20 AM
I hope you are right, I plan to give it a shot before I decide what to do.  Budget is also a big concern right now.

Well if rumors are correct about your winter project I can certainly understand budget concerns :biggrin:
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

EX_#76

To commemorate my stupidity, I earned a place on the most desired trophy of them all.  After reading all of the other offences on the trophy, I think I have the best one.  A very special thanks goes out to all of those involved with giving this award to me :finger:  In order to discharge my duties as potatohead 06, I will need to be kept informed of every stupid act that takes place in the roadracing community in 07.  Feel free to pm me with any story you would like to share.  Remember the events do not have to take place on the racetrack

In all seriousness, the award made the celebration even more fun.  All of you make this sport worth participating in.  Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this big family.
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76

barb_arah

Guy, I  will have those pictures of you from the banquet by the end of the week.  I think you will enjoy the one with the Mr Potato award.
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

EX_#76

Quote from: barb_arah on January 23, 2007, 10:45:10 AM
Guy, I  will have those pictures of you from the banquet by the end of the week.  I think you will enjoy the one with the Mr Potato award.

Let me know when you get them off of your camera!!
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76

dylanfan53

I really like that award.  Barb should take a pic of it to Alexa and have her design a patch of it for your leathers.  A great, great big one right on your back so we all know it's you.  :biggrin:
Don Cook
CCS #53

spyderchick

He just got 'em back...they now say "Wooohooooo!!!"  :biggrin:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

EX_#76

Quote from: dylanfan53 on January 23, 2007, 10:04:20 PM
I really like that award.  Barb should take a pic of it to Alexa and have her design a patch of it for your leathers.  A great, great big one right on your back so we all know it's you.  :biggrin:

You pay for it and I will wear it!!
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76