Democrats Rule! (and Bush still sux) [POLL]

Started by tshort, November 08, 2006, 05:31:59 PM

How do you feel about the results of yesterday's elections?

Ecstatic - and about time
10 (33.3%)
OK - I don't care that much
3 (10%)
Bummed - doesn't look good for GOP
16 (53.3%)
Election?
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Fast4fun

Apparently, living in the "sticks" is much more dangerous than living in the City. I've lived in and around chicago for my entire life without a single incident. I've never feared a bad neighborhood, worked in all the wrong places on the west side and found myself wandering drunk through Cabrini Green one night without a single confrontation. Once, I was jumped in Iowa City by some townies though and survived with only a black eye. Lately, I've been considering moving to a more rural location but I fear that the schools will be worse than the suburbs here, the minds will expand only to the edge of town, and now that I'll be shot by rural "thugs." What's wrong with this view? I have always felt safe in the larger cities of america.
CCS Mid West EX #675
Tri 675

laohu69

Quote from: tshort on November 12, 2006, 11:34:44 AM

Have firearms?  Sure.  As a kid I had a Winchester .30-.30 Mod 94.  Classic.  Wish I still had it. Went deer hunting a couple times with it - didn't even see anything close enough to get a shot off.  Also went bow hunting - much better sport, IMHO.  Shotguns? Sure, why not? Trap/skeet is a blast (no pun) Bird hunting is quite challenging, too, and puts food on the table. 

And if I had one of these guns in my house, and some yahoo decided to try to break in, after I called 911 to summon the police, I might - *might* - consider bringing it to bear on the situation.  Hard to say, really, what one would do in a situation like that, until it actually occurs. 

So, yes, I think it's fine for people to have firearms - long arms, that is, and use them in their homes if the need arises (altho I'd like to see the stats on how effective homeowners are at using weapons to defend their property, vs. getting themselves or others killed or hurt). 

I think handguns for the general population are a ludicrous "right" - and I don't think there is *any* justification for having them at all.  As for CCW, ditto.  Ludicrous.  As per all the other posts I've already written.  So if the deer-hunters could just agree that hunting with a .45, while perfectly reasonable as an argument, is not really worth protecting as a right, as long as the ability to have and use longarms is kept in tact, I think we'd be fine.  Pretty hard to conceal a .30-06 under a running suit in the summer time.  :thumb:

First of all you seem to be ignoring the FACT that firearms ownership is a RIGHT guaranteed by the Constitution and not something that is open to your personal interpretation and misinformed opinion (try reading the 2nd amendment sometime).
Secondly, I only use pistols and revolvers for hunting (there is a difference, although I wouldn't expect your kind to comprehend it) since I consider it just too easy to hunt with longarms.
As to protecting myself with a firearm, I prefer a more personal touch. But then I'm a sadistic bastard who enjoys slowly decimating my opponents, just ask anyone who's ever been in the ring with me.

tshort

Quote from: laohu69 on November 14, 2006, 09:30:09 AM
First of all you seem to be ignoring the FACT that firearms ownership is a RIGHT guaranteed by the Constitution and not something that is open to your personal interpretation and misinformed opinion (try reading the 2nd amendment sometime).
Secondly, I only use pistols and revolvers for hunting (there is a difference, although I wouldn't expect your kind to comprehend it) since I consider it just too easy to hunt with longarms.
As to protecting myself with a firearm, I prefer a more personal touch. But then I'm a sadistic bastard who enjoys slowly decimating my opponents, just ask anyone who's ever been in the ring with me.

Ay yi yi.   :rollseyes:   Why don't you try reading what I posted.   And then think about what the difference is between all-or-nothing politics versus concensus building. I am doing everything I can to resist condescension and snide remarks, but you are testing me.

Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

loc_dogg

You're an idiot!!  :kicknuts:  :finger:

251am

Quote from: laohu69 on November 14, 2006, 09:30:09 AM
First of all you seem to be ignoring the FACT that firearms ownership is a RIGHT guaranteed by the Constitution and not something that is open to your personal interpretation

Sorry dude, you are DEAD wrong. It is a PRIVELAGE, not a right. Just like voting  legal gun ownership can be taken away quite simply. You are the one getting carried away with interpretations!

Court Jester

CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: Court Jester on November 15, 2006, 07:28:52 AM
i'm voting for Earl Pitts

No vote for me. Gonna solve the political problem quick, fast and in a hurry buy eliminating ALL political parties. Then convert to a monarchy with myself as King. No more bullshit from people, personal responsibility will be brought back. No more blaming your dog as the reason you committed a crime. People who move next to racetracks, highways, airports and shopping centers will be told to either SHUT THE FUCK UP or sell the property.

Have a bunch other ideas but dont have time to post them all.:biggrin:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

spyderchick

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi Peoplewho move next to racetracks, highways, airports and shopping centers will be told to either SHUT THE FUCK UP or sell the property.

Have a bunch other ideas but dont have time to post them all.:biggrin:

Why don't you declare a dictatorship and just take control of all property and do away with property ownership altogether? Then you can charge outrageous lease monies to those living there and support the sport of Motorcycle Raodracing, which would be the official national sport!

By the way, when did being a moderate make anyone a flaming liberal? Oh yeah, when the far right took over, perspective shifted.  :biggrin:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Jeff

Quote from: loc_dogg on November 14, 2006, 11:41:48 PM
Your an idiot!!  :kicknuts:  :finger:

If you're gonna flame somebody, make sure you spell correctly, punctuate correctly and use the right words.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Court Jester

changed my mind.
i'm voting for Woofentino Pugrossi
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Woofentino Pugrossi

Hell at the worst you'll have to refer to me as "You're royal majesty" at the track when I pick your bike up. :biggring: (10 to 1 one of you jokers will do that next year anyways.)

Although I will put a stop to Super Dave's exibitionism. :ahhh:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

tshort

Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128