Democrats Rule! (and Bush still sux) [POLL]

Started by tshort, November 08, 2006, 05:31:59 PM

How do you feel about the results of yesterday's elections?

Ecstatic - and about time
10 (33.3%)
OK - I don't care that much
3 (10%)
Bummed - doesn't look good for GOP
16 (53.3%)
Election?
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

251am

Me baiting Rob to carry was a joke, only a joke. How people want to defend or not defend themselves is in the rules and regs section... :thumb:

Super Dave

Quote from: tshort on November 08, 2006, 11:08:11 PM
Now you tell me what kind of kung fu, gun-totin', mo-fo you are who is going to do a damn thing about that.  This is the city, homey.  Ain't no remote, out in the back of beyond, deer hunting preserve.  Streets are tough.  You think you're smart, and try to fight back, and you might end up in a world of hurt worse than if you just give in. 

Streets are tough, but when thing that like happen out in the deer preserve...

Help is a long, long, long, long way away.

Thankfully, you can have firearms near by. 

There are those in the city that conceal and carry firearms illegally.  Often, those people are the people that you say make the streets so "tough". 

Super Dave

Court Jester

doesn't matter much either way really. you're not voting for anything/anyone who's all around better, just picking the lesser of two evils.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Super Dave

I don't personally agree with that.

Some of the Republicans that lost did so because they didn't espouse the conservative ideas that they claimed they would.  So, they paid for their actions. 
Super Dave

tshort

Quote from: Super Dave on November 09, 2006, 08:07:38 AM
Streets are tough, but when thing that like happen out in the deer preserve...
Help is a long, long, long, long way away.
Thankfully, you can have firearms near by. 

Yes, thankfully they you can.   :rollseyes:      I'm sure that's why everyone who lives out in the sticks is armed to the teeth, because they fear for their lives everyday.  Why? Because they know everyone else is armed to the teeth. :ahhh:    And here I thought it was mainly because people just liked to go hunting (which I think is great if you live out of the city - just not very practical and 20th & North, downtown).

Quote from: Super Dave on November 09, 2006, 08:07:38 AM

There are those in the city that conceal and carry firearms illegally.  Often, those people are the people that you say make the streets so "tough". 

So you're implying that by making concealed carry legal it would enable the victims to also carry, so they could defend themselves against the thugs who are sometimes armed?  Or by making concealed carry, it would make what the thugs are doing legal, and so a little less tough?? :ahhh:
Dave:  read the last post about my buddy who was jumped.  :spank:   And quit watching all those Charles Bronson movies.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

tshort

and it just keeps getting better...

This just in: "Senator George Allen of Virginia conceded today to Jim Webb, ending the last undecided Senate contest and giving Democrats control of the full Congress for the first time in a dozen years. "  New York Times, Nov 11, 2006. Full story: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/09/us/politics/10virginiacnd.html?hp&ex=1163134800&en=39154caed4de2d42&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

JBraun

Quote from: tshort on November 09, 2006, 04:43:33 PM
and it just keeps getting better...

This just in: "Senator George Allen of Virginia conceded today to Jim Webb, ending the last undecided Senate contest and giving Democrats control of the full Congress for the first time in a dozen years. "  New York Times, Nov 11, 2006. Full story: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/09/us/politics/10virginiacnd.html?hp&ex=1163134800&en=39154caed4de2d42&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Now should we talk religion? Ford vs Chevy? Packers vs Bears?
I thought this was a racing website. It's hazardous to pound ones chest in a public forum with regard to political views. Believe it or not, everyone doesn't share your opinion, and some might feel rather strongly about it.
I'm sure somewhere there's a forum for liberals where you can spout off and everyone will nod in approval, anywhere else you're just picking fights.
Where's that "arguing on the internet" picture? It seems appropriate here....
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Super Dave

Never show up at a gun fight with a knife.

As for the Democrats...

Lots of moderates.  Lots of Democrats running on conservative platforms.  Will make things interesting.
Super Dave

Court Jester

gotta vote republican. they's full out pimps. gotsta respect.

CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Super Dave

I would have been happier if the Rebublicans acted like fiscal concervatives.  They didn't, so some of them got what they deserved...voted out.

Democratic whinning is unbelieveable.  I have yet to hear of any solutions that they claim they have other than not being Republicans. 
Super Dave

251am

Quote from: Super Dave on November 10, 2006, 08:34:59 AM
I would have been happier if the Rebublicans acted like fiscal concervatives.  They didn't, so some of them got what they deserved...voted out.

Democratic whinning is unbelieveable.  I have yet to hear of any solutions that they claim they have other than not being Republicans. 

Yup, these guys are just a couple of whining Dems!? LOL!

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/200601019_after_pats_birthday

tshort

Quote from: Super Dave on November 10, 2006, 08:34:59 AM

Gee - that's a thought.  You still haven't responded to my last post in which I tried to redirect your attention to the actual issue we were discussing.  I realize many Conservatives don't like being cornered, especially in a battle of the wits.  Dunno - is that because they so often show up unarmed (except for their .45)?  Anywhooo....Conservative carping about Democratic whining is really sorta tired, isn't it?    8)

PS - am251 - nice one - the rightwing AM radio propaganda machine will likely try to discredit this as some sort of Liberal campaign trick; or try to impugn the guy based on his religious choice, sexual orientation, ethnic heritage, or any of the other things that an employer would be taken to court about...  ::)
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128