confusion has set in????? please help.

Started by T595, January 25, 2003, 04:16:50 PM

T595

confusion for me is no new thing so please help straighten this out. the front web page regarding sport rider days does not list feb.1st @ streets as a venue and lists licensed racers at $75.00 but the mailer sent in dec. lists every pacific/southwest event as a venue `everyone' and licensed racers at $50.00 sooooo.... with only a couple races on sat. afternoon and most races sunday,(this will limit some of my weekend plans) what's what???  and which one is for real or is it going to be a fly by wire type thing?????
(I don't see how they will get all those races on sunday in before dark during the first part of the season???) I also see that the `advanced' group will be racers am. & ex. and probably quite a few...... starting to sound like a cross between AFM races and WSMC practice......

garthed

I agree with you. I am having a hard time trying to figure this out. Along with many other CCS racers. I have called CCS five times. Left two messages and spoke to someone three times asking them this question and all I get back is "can I call you back because I don't no" and never get a call back.

Its sad that this is happening. I have been a strong supporter of CCS and have tried to show others in other racing organizations why they should be racing with CCS.

Along with this information that you are trying to get I have also been trying to get the correct dates for the pacific. So far I have three different calenders. I know that they must be busy but for some of us we have to give our work notice way ahead of time for time off. It would be nice if their web site was updated with the dates. It is only a week away now from the first race.

We all spend a lot of money at these races. I alone spend at least $380.00 in just entry fees each weekend not including gate fees and track days that I attend when they have them. Its very frustrating to have to go through all of this just to find out some basic info. I'm still waiting to see if they have received my information for the 2003 season that I over nighted to them.

I am not blaming anyone. I know Tiffiney is extremly busy and doing a great job at keeping us as up to date as possible my posting on the forum. To be ownest most of the infomation I get is from the forum and her post. "Thanks Tiffiney"

Sorry this went on a little to long. I am just very frustrated, and not flaming anyone one just frustrated. I think CCS is great organization I just think that they need to be more forthcoming with information. Hopefully this will pass and by the second race of the season thing will be all settled down.

Look forward to seeing everyone at Streets. Be safe.

dryheat

D4mn Garth.. I couldn't have said it any better myself...

I really want to support CCS because they're allowing me to participate in an awesome sport and meet a lot of great people... but man, it's been extremely difficult to get information.

Litespeed

Do you think we will have the final schedule before Friday?  I am leaving Thursday right after work because I am signed up for the track day Friday (not done by CCS) and would like to know the schedule before I leave my house.  

Eric Kelcher

The final schedule is not done until rac entry closes for that day and then they can determine what classes have to be split/combined.
So until then the tenative schedule will have to do.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Litespeed

I'm pretty sure the final schedule wont be decided until next monday, but that's just my opinion...

CCS

SATURDAY SCHEDULE
7:00AM        Gates/Registration/Tech Open
8:00AM        Practice as follows:
·      Group 1: All Expert Licensed Racers
·      Group 2: All Amateur Licensed Racers
and LP USA Advanced Riders
·      Group 3: All LP USA Sport Riders
·      Group 4: All LP USA Street Riders

·      Group 5: Riders School Practice

11:15AM      Lunch Break      
12:00PM      Resume LP USA Sport Rider Day

·      Group 2: LP USA Advanced Riders

·      Group 2: LP USA Advanced Riders
1:00PM      Registration Closes -Riders Meeting
2:30PM      CCS Regional Championship
Series Races  As Follows:
1.      GT Lights (Ex &Am)            (30 min)
      Rider's School Practice             (15 min)
2.      Akrapovic Pipes GTU (Ex &Am)      (30 min)
3.      Riders School Exhibition Race      (5 Laps)
4.      GTO (Ex &Am)                  (30 min)

SUNDAY SCHEDULE
7:00AM        Gates/Registration/Tech Open
7:30AM        Riders Meeting
8:00AM        Practice as follows:
·      Group 1: All Expert 250 GP Bikes, MW, HW, Unlimited Classes & SuperTwins
·      Group 2: All Amateur 250 GP Bikes, MW, HW, Unlimited Classes & SuperTwins
·      Group 3: All GP Singles, SuperSingles, Sportsman, ThunderBike, & LW Classes
9:00AM      Registration Closes
9:45AM      USGPRU Qualifying
10:00AM      9-Lap CCS Races as follows:

1.      Middleweight SuperBike (Ex &Am)
2.      Lightweight GP (Ex &Am)
3.      $1000.00 Speedscreen Unlimited GP (Am)
LUNCH BREAK (45 min)
4.      USGPRU 125 Final (17 Laps)
5.      Formula 40 (Ex &Am)  
6.      SuperSingles / Ultra LW Sportsman
7.      Middleweight GP (Ex &Am)
8.      Middleweight Sportsman (Ex &Am)      
9.      Heavyweight SuperBike (Ex &Am)  
10.      Lightweight SuperBike (Ex &Am)
11.      $1000.00 Speedscreen Unlimited GP (Ex)
12.      SuperTwins (Ex &Am)
13.      Middleweight SuperSport (Am)
14.      Middleweight SuperSport (Ex)
15.      ThunderBike (Ex &Am)& LW Sportsman (Ex &Am)
16.       Heavyweight SuperSport (Ex &Am)
17.      Lightweight SuperSport (Ex &Am)
18.      Unlimited SuperSport (Ex &Am)
19.      SportBike (Ex &Am)
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

CCS

Remaining Pacific after this weekend

March 15-16      Firebird East      
May 10-11            Las Vegas Classic Course**
May 31-June 1      Streets of Willow      
July 5-6             Buttonwillow  
August 1-2-3      Las Vegas Classic Course**
August 16-17      Thunderhill Park
October 4-5        Thunderhill Park
November 1-2      Buttonwillow        
Nov 29-30            Streets of Willow*
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

garthed

Thanks for posting the dates. It looks good. It also looks like the CCS website is up to date. Thanks. Now that things are all cleared up lets go make this a great year of racing.

Litespeed

So the 125's have to run with the big bikes in practice on Saturday now?  That should be a lot of fun  ::).

USGPRU

Streets of Willow should be no problem for the 125's running with the big bikes, especially the experts.   A 125 can get around willow in about 1:25-1:30, fast kids like Jackson are in the 1:24's.  big bikes may actually be slower... it's totally a 125 circuit.  only place you may be passed is in the straight going up the hill.

Only concern I would have is the bigger bikes trying to follow a 125 through the corners (and that would be concern for the bigger bikes not us).  Not a good idea given the cornerspeed of the 125's at that track.

:-D

SlowDragon

The CCS web-site schedule is still showing April 5th/6th at Thunderhill which is not what Kevin has posted above.

So, can we take Kevin's post as 'The Schedule'  and will someone correct the web-site schedule?