Need some help.

Started by Steviebee, January 25, 2003, 01:26:09 PM

Steviebee

OK got a racing number (Weeee)

I almost understand the pre-entry race form, but what is the Sat and Sun colums for ??
How do i know what races are run on what days ?

And what do i fill out for twin sprint events ?
For instance RA 4/25-27  ?  Are all the sprints run twice ?   What about the GT races.

I want to race HWSS,HWSB,ULSS,ULGP,GTO   (gsxr-750)

r6_philly

the Sat/Sun column are for Twin Sprint weekends. On a twin sprint weekend, every sprint race is run twice, once on sat, once on sunday. So if you check off Sat, you will race on Sat, if you check off Sun, you will race on Sun. If you check off both Sat and Sun, you will race both days.

GT races are not run on twin sprint weekends, but there are exceptions in the MW I think. In MA, like the Roebling Road TS, there is no GT race.

You can race HWSS, HWSB, ULSS and ULGP twice, once on Sat and once on Sun for a total of 8 races, just check both columns.

hope it helps

EX#996

On a twin sprint weekend, the sprints races (full schedule) are on both Saturday and Sunday.  If you are going to race both days, you need to check both boxes.  If you are only going to race on day, you need to check which day you are going to run.

The 30 minute races are usually held on Friday and only run once.  Hence, no Saturday or Sunday box.

Welcome to the races!

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Steviebee

thanks.  I just saw another post about TS schedules.   Never been to a race yet so I'm clueless.

I guess the 4/25 friday is for practice at RA ?

They dont list firday dates for blackhawk (I guess its cause the track runs the practice there )

jim_p

I'm glad you asked, I have the same questions about the GT races. I read some where on this site that Road America will have the GT races on that Friday. I hope someone can verify this for us. I am running GTU,GTO and Unlimited GP Sat and Sun. I figured $70 for each GT plus $70 per day for Unlimited GP. Is this correct ?? Also have I missed the Daytona entry forms or are they on the way with the licenses?
Thankyou

Steviebee

"The 30 minute races are usually held on Friday and only run once.  Hence, no Saturday or Sunday box. "

The pre-entry form has Sat and Sun boxes for every race ??  

r6_philly

Quote"The 30 minute races are usually held on Friday and only run once.  Hence, no Saturday or Sunday box. "

The pre-entry form has Sat and Sun boxes for every race ??  

Dont worry, whoever made the form must not just paid attention to the formating ...

Eric Kelcher

The form is correct. There is not a GT race on Sat or Sunday for Twin Sprint weekends. If that particular weekend has GT races they would be on Friday check the schedule for that particular weekend. According to what I have only RA Mid America and Las Vegas are having GT races on Twin Sprint weekends.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Steviebee

here's another question ?

Where do you get a schedule for the weekend ??

ecumike

www.ccsracing.com ... as soon as they updated the schedule/calendar

FullMoonRacing

Quotehere's another question ?

Where do you get a schedule for the weekend ??

In the past, the weekend schedule specific to that weekend at that track was available on the ccsracing.com site (if you were lucky) 2 weeks in advance of the event.  Did this short notice make pre-resgistering for the events near impossible - you bet.   It has been suggested that there will be a new computer system at CCS in 2003 that will make all the (pre AND post race) administrative stuff move along like a scalded cat.  We're all looking forward to the change!    

Super Dave

QuoteI'm glad you asked, I have the same questions about the GT races. I read some where on this site that Road America will have the GT races on that Friday. I hope someone can verify this for us. I am running GTU,GTO and Unlimited GP Sat and Sun. I figured $70 for each GT plus $70 per day for Unlimited GP. Is this correct ?? Also have I missed the Daytona entry forms or are they on the way with the licenses?
Thankyou

Don't forget that RA entries will cost about a milliion dollars...  It's like going to Daytona, at least that's how the pricing structure has been.  Expect to get about four laps of practice in each day at RA.  It is awful, unless some serious changes are made.

(Wow, I'm venting), but seriously, it can be a big bust...
Super Dave