EBC Brakes

Started by Gixxer124, January 25, 2003, 12:30:12 PM

Gixxer124

What's the best way to seat in a new set of EBC brake pads? No wise a$$ Vesrah coments, please ;D

r6_philly

QuoteWhat's the best way to seat in a new set of EBC brake pads? No wise a$$ Vesrah coments, please ;D

Put them in your calipers, charge down turn 1 and sqeeze as hard as you can and don't let go...

Repeat 2 more times if you can get your bike running again

see, no Vesrah comments  :P

EX#996

Kevin:

Paul knows, I can't remember.  Paul has had really good luck with his EBC brakes, but he takes the time to bed them in properly.

I have e-mailed our number to you, but you will need to give me a few minutes to get off the net (I only have dial-up).

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Speedballer347

QuoteWhat's the best way to seat in a new set of EBC brake pads?

Do this 50 times :P
Hey Kev, I even put a helmet on for ya ;D

I had great luck w/ the EBC's.
I would break in a fresh set by spending about 10 minutes in the pits driving around while lightly dragging/releasing the brakes, while I was still on the throttle.  No hurry.
Then  some light/slow stops.
Then head out into practice and go easy on the brakes, using them a little harder each lap...and by the last couple of laps hitting them pretty good.
After that, they worked great :)

I always got real good feedback from them, loved the intitial bite and braking power.
Could've done w/ a little bit lighter trigger-pull, and they did seem to lightly fade when you would stay on em.
I liked them though.

Vesrahs next season for me 8)

CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

K3 Chris Onwiler

30 stoppies, then let them cool.  One easy practice session, at about a street pace, then let them cool.  Go racing.  If you have scuba gear, there is a perfectly bedded-in set of EBC pads at the bottom of the lake at Gingerman.  You're welcome to them.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Gixxer124

Do this 50 times :P
Hey Kev, I even put a helmet on for ya ;D

I've done that before. Just not on purpose. It's hard on the bikes frame. ;D I never noticed what a big head you have. ;D