News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Newbie Q: Applying for first CCS license

Started by MZGirl, January 25, 2003, 05:39:09 AM

MZGirl

Hi All!

I'm a newbie with a license question for the experienced folks.  This will be my first time applying for a CCS license.  I raced with another organization (Arroyo Seco, ASMA) last year, and am currently waiting for my license with them for this year.  I e-mailed Linda Hipps, and she said a photocopy of the ASMA license would be acceptable as proof of experience for the CCS license.

So is it best to mail in the CCS license app?  It may take a few weeks for my other license to come in the mail, and I don't know how long it will take the CCS license to arrive.  Or should I wait and do all the paperwork at the track at my first CCS race?  I'm just wondering what happens if I show up to my first CCS race and the license is still being processed.  Will they not let me race?  That's why I'm wondering if I should just hang on to everything and take care of it all at the track.

Thanks!   :)

Litespeed

It will probably be easiest to just take everything to the track.  I would suggest going on the track day friday because they will usually take care of that stuff during the practice sessions which will free up your sat mrning for racing.  Then again, if they changed the schedule to allow for morning practice sat it won't really matter.  

K3 Chris Onwiler

Bring any paperwork you have from last year with you to the track.  Diploma from race school, entry forms, last year's license, that stuff.  You'll be fine.  Welcome!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

MZGirl

Thanks guys! :)

Also, do they assign the competition # there at the track if I apply then?  Or do I get some temporary # for racing that weekend?  I'm just concerned because I already have my #s for the other series on the bike, and I'm hoping to get the same # assigned for CCS.

Sorry for all the questions  ;)

EX#996

They will have a list of numbers at the track for you to choose from.  This will be your permanent number for the year.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

spyderchick

Welcome!
                Another female racer...too cool, our numbers are growing. I'll have to let Andy Adler know you'll be joining us. He's also on a Skorpion. Kick his butt, he'll luv ya for the competition.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

duc995@aol.com

Unfortunately Andy Adler races in the Midwest and MZ girl is in the SouthWest!

GAMEDIC

Dang..now i have to get outrun by another woman ;)

MZGirl

Nah, you guys have nothing to worry about...I'm not a threat on the track.  I just enjoy being out there, and if I have someone to dice with, I'm happy.  Even if it's for 2nd to last place.   ;)

I'm hoping I can convince a few more gals to get out on the track this year.  A long-term goal of mine is to get enough women on the track to be able to run a Women's class race at Arroyo Seco.  Maybe someday.  That would be cool!