News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

what a pleasant surprise!

Started by TZDeSioux, January 24, 2003, 10:41:11 AM

stumpy

I also just bought a 6'x10' trailer, Should I just use wheel chocks for the bike and get flushmounts to mount on the floor, or would that compress the suspension to much? Anybody mount a air conditioner on theirs?  8)
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

Super Dave

I like the Pingle wheel chocks.  But, I only use two tie downs;  both are attached to the sub frame pulling the rear suspension down and forward.  I use a rear stand (Woodcraft) when I do it.  It leaves the front alone a bit without pounding it so much.

AC?  You want to do a roof mount?
Super Dave

r6_philly

dave, what ac should I use to mount it over the roof vent? I suppose I would have to cut through the front of the trailer if I wish to use a window mount?  I have a unit sitting around, and don't really feel like buying a roof unit... they are kinda expensive arent they

Super Dave

Yeah, you're gonna drop a good chunk of change.  

If you're got a window mound lying around....  

I'd just take a sheet of plywood and make something that you can mount the AC in.  Put it up in the side door, shut the back and sit in the air....

Keep it simple.
Super Dave

motomadness

Dave,
Do you leave the bike on the stand when you trailer it?  What's the worst thing that happened to the bike while trailering like that?  Where on the floor do you put the tie down hooks? Forward of the subframe?